The programme is designed to equip students with basic management knowledge as well as the skills and competencies suitable for operational level logistics and supply chain management personnel. At the end of the programme, students will be able to understand the importance of logistics and supply chain operations and its contribution to a productive organisation. This programme is presented through a blended mode of delivery, offering limited contact classes combined with open distance learning, which provides much needed flexibility for the full-time employed individual. Students can also apply at an OLG Learning Hub for additional distance learning support.
Is this programme for me?
The Higher Certificate in Logistics Management provides qualifying students with wide-ranging intellectual competencies and practical skills in the acquisition, interpretation and understanding of logistics management principles.
What can graduates expect?
The programme aims to equip the individual with relevant, industry-related skills including:
- Practical skills in the logistics sector
- General management principles
- Logistics management principles
- Practical decision-making skills
- Situational analysis skills
- Business Communication
- Computer Literacy
- Business Management 1
- Transport Economics 1
- Logistics Management 1
- Financial Management 1
- Supply Chain Management 1
- Purchasing Management 1
- Marketing Management 1
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Higher Certificate endorsement plus English (1st or additional) 40% (E)
- Senior Certificate (SC) English (1st or 2nd language) SG or HG
- National Certificate Vocational (NCV) with English 40%
- National Certificate NQF Level 5 Supply Chain Management or relevant qualification (120 credits, SAQA listed programme)
Please note: Prospective students over 23 years of age who do not meet the minimum requirements could apply to the Registrar for possible admission through Recognition of Prior Learning and placement on an access programme.
This programme must be completed within a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years.
Possible career paths
- Supply Chain Management
- Clearing and Freight Forwarding
Program taught in: