Higher Certificate in Creative Development
The Higher Certificate in Creative Development is an entry level qualification to gain the insight, skill and academic support required to pursue degree studies in the creative fields of brand communication. The focus is on building creative concept development and critical thinking skills in preparation for studies in visual communication, copywriting and/or multimedia design. This certificate provides an introduction to the Creative Brand Communication industry ensuring students are prepared to enter a relevant degree or the industry as an apprentice.
- Brand Business Principles and Fundamentals
- Communication Science 1A**
- Digital Media 1A**
- Introduction to Creative Brand Communications A**
- Critical Thinking & Media Studies 1A**
- Introduction to Creative Development
- Introduction to Creative Brand Communications B**
- Work Integrated learning
**Modules for which students may achieve internal academic credits, depending on the chosen degree
Junior member of a creative team or further your studies in Creative Brand Communication, such as Visual Communication (Art Direction and Graphic Design), Copywriting or Multimedia Design (Web design and development, Animation and Motion Graphics).
The Higher Certificate in Creative Development provides a range of modules that will develop academic literacy, digital literacy, as well as creative and critical thinking skills required in an academic and industry environment. Modules are combine theoretical as well as practical application, with an introduction to real-world experience.
- A NSC with Higher Certificate admission - a minimum of 30% for English is required; OR
- A NC(V) with Higher Certificate admission - a minimum of 40% in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level, with a minimum of 30% in either Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy, a minimum of 40% in Life Orientation and a minimum of 50% in four vocational subjects; OR
- A SC (without endorsement) or equivalent – a minimum of five subjects must be passed.
- All candidates are required to attend an interview.
Did you know?
A candidate who did not achieve degree entry into the NSC/NC(V) and who has obtained a registered and accredited Higher Certificate in an appropriate field may also be allowed access to an appropriate Bachelor's Degree.
Cost & Fees
Full Settlement: R42,500
Instalment Fee (10 Monthly Instalments): R45,100
Deposit(Applicable to Both Fees): R8,000
*Make sure you secure your place at Vega early!!
**Deposit Included in Total Fee
About the School
Vega School, an educational brand of the Independent Institute of Education, believes that brands are the world’s greatest assets for meaningful change. Vega therefore aims to graduate a new breed of ... Read More