Higher Certificate in Business Management
Programme Code: SAQA-86347 – NQF level 5 – Credits 120
The Higher Certificate in Business Management [HCert (Business Management)] is a one-year programme that prepares students for employment in junior and middle management positions. It develops skills, knowledge and values in the areas of team management, strategic management, project management, marketing, finance and people management.
The HCert (Business Management) programme is aimed at preparing students for a career in business and management. It focuses on the functional areas of management and ensures students apply theory to practice. This programme provides an ideal foundation for students striving towards an Advanced Certificate or a Bachelor’s Degree.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in the functional areas of business.
- Apply management principles in a work-based context.
- Communicate effectively through varied media (e.g. written, verbal, visual).
- Demonstrate skill in the use of technology and computer software applications in business and industry.
- Display competence in interpreting and analysing financial statements.
- Make sound management decisions based upon planning and examination of appropriate alternatives.
- Understand the legal system as it relates to business systems.
- Integrate theory and application from the various functional areas in an interdisciplinary approach.
Duration: 1 year
- Management Principles
- Business Communication
- Business Mathematics
- Project Management
- End User Computing
- Business Law
- Accounting and Finance
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017