Higher Certificate in Brand Building Practice
The Higher Certificate in Brand Building is an entry-level qualification to gain the insight, skill and academic support required to pursue degree studies in brand communication and brand building and management. The focus is on critical thinking, fundamental strategic and accounting skills and developing students' creative confidence. This certificate programme contributes towards skills preparation and provides articulation to a relevant degree.
- Brand Business Principles and Fundamentals
- Economics 1A
- Communication Science
- Business Communication and Digital Media 1A**
- Critical Thinking & Media Studies 1A**
- Business Calculations
- Introduction to Creative Development
- Accounting A**
- Work Integrated Learning
**Modules for which students may achieve internal academic credits, depending on the chosen degree
Junior member of a communication project team or further your studies in Brand Management or Communication Planning and Management.
The Higher Certificate in Brand Building Practice provides a range of modules that will develop academic literacy, digital literacy, as well as creative and critical thinking skills required in an academic and industry environment. Modules are combined theoretical as well as practical application, with an introduction to real-world experience as creative, business and critical thinking skills.
- An NSC with Higher Certificate admission - a minimum of 30% for English is required; OR
- An NC(V) with Higher Certificate admission - a minimum of 40% in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level, with a minimum of 30% in either Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy, a minimum of 40% in Life Orientation and a minimum of 50% in four vocational subjects; OR
- Candidates who obtained a rating of 3 (40-49%) or below for Mathematics OR obtained a rating of 6 (70-79%) or below for Mathematical Literacy in the NSC; additional tutorials for numerate modules will be compulsory.
- Candidates who obtained 40 – 49% or below for Mathematics SG in the SC, will have to attend compulsory additional numeracy tutorials.
- All candidates are required to attend an interview.
Did you know?
A candidate who did not achieve degree entry into the NSC/NC(V) and who has obtained a registered and accredited Higher Certificate in an appropriate field may also be allowed access to an appropriate Bachelor's Degree.
Cost & Fees
Full Settlement: R42,500
Instalment Fee (10 Monthly Instalments): R45,100
Deposit (Applicable to both fees): R8,000
*Make sure you secure your place at Vega early!!
**Deposit Included in Total Fee
About the School
Vega School, an educational brand of the Independent Institute of Education, believes that brands are the world’s greatest assets for meaningful change. Vega therefore aims to graduate a new breed of ... Read More