Easton Country Day School
High School Program
Easton Country Day School’s (ECDS) High School program strives to develop well-rounded students capable of performing at the most competitive universities.
We strive to accomplish our mission by:
- Keeping our classes small so that each student receives plenty of individual attention.
- Employing only highly qualified and remarkably dedicated teachers whose exceptional skills are put to their best use.
- Integrating multi-leveled courses, together with an individualized hands-on, problem-solving approach to academics.
- Maintaining an active partnership with parents in setting and adhering to standards of conduct and attitude that reflect well on our collective belief in social responsibility.
Quick Facts about ECDS High School
- Located in the town of Easton, Connecticut
- Later start time than most high schools to align with the latest neuroscientific research on the adolescent brain (8:40 a.m.)
- Highly skilled faculty who scaffold work seamlessly to accommodate each student’s abilities and needs
- College preparatory high school programming (e.g. AP and UConn college-credited courses)
- A focus on individualized personal attention for each student
- Educational programming based and developed on research-supported models of teaching and learning
- Requirements are based on recommendations taken from the admissions criteria for Harvard University
- Ongoing input into educational programming taken from educators associated with top institutions (Harvard, Yale, Johns Hopkins, etc.)
- Graduates of ECDS attend colleges and universities across the country including Cornell, Yale, the University of Connecticut, and other top schools
- ESL program for International Students monitored through Sacred Heart University and designed to increase TOEFL scores significantly
Core High School Academic Requirements:
- Four credits of English (4)
- One credit Comprehensive writing component (1): Recommend a minimum of two credits
- Three credits Social Studies (3): Distinct from History; World Religions, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, Human Justice
- Three credits of History (3): World History, US History, Civics included
- Four credits of Math (4): Recommended Algebra I & II; Geometry; Pre-Calculus and beyond (AP Calculus AB & BC and even Multi-Variable Calculus)
- Four credits of Science (4): Recommended Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics-with 3 Labs minimum and beyond (AP and UConn Physics, AP Biology, AP Chemistry)
- Three credits of World Language (3)
- Electives (minimum of 5): Enrichment activities can fulfill these requirements; Enrichment Activities Description
Electives & Opportunities Available at ECDS High School
- Art Portfolio Course
- Bushcraft Course
- Civil Engineering Course
- Computer Programming Course
- Electronics and Robotics Course
- ESL – English Language Acquisition Course
- Forensics Science Course
- Horse Management Course
- Kulturny Course
- Screen Writing Course
- School Field Trips (Monthly)
- School Clubs (Offered During School Hours)
- ECDS offers such clubs as STEM, Community Service, Film Club, Indoor Soccer, Human Rights, Robotics, Quiz-Bowl, among others. Students are encouraged to facilitate and help create school-sponsored clubs that enrich the high school experience.
See 1 more programs offered by Easton Country Day School »
This course is