HSK 2 (Mandarin Chinese) is a 40-hour part-time short course ideal for beginners looking to learn Mandarin. HSK 2 is the second of six HSK courses. We offer HSK certificates levels 1-6.
HSK level 2 enables you to learn an additional 150 words to those words learnt at HSK level 1: you will be able to deal with simple tasks requiring a direct exchange of information on introducing one's families, residence, hobbies, specialities, showing gratitude, apologies, welcomes, specific time, shopping, transportation, emotions, suggestions, comparisons, etc.
HSK is an international standardized exam that tests and rates Chinese language proficiency. There are six test levels and test takers who pass the six HSK exams will be able to progress from being able to master simple Chinese phrases to effectively express themselves both orally and on paper. Obtaining the HSK 2 certificate gives you an internationally recognized qualification of competency in Chinese.
This course is delivered by the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) which promotes Chinese culture and Chinese Medicine by providing a range of workshops and courses.
The HSK qualification is an international examination scheme which gives employers evidence of your linguist abilities in Mandarin Chinese. We offer HSK certificates levels 1-6.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
- Two hours contact teaching per week
- Seven hours self-study per week
- Classes are offered on lunchtimes and evenings
- There is no coursework but you will be given exercises and worksheets to help you with your self-study
- Examinations are run every month to make it flexible for the learner
You must have completed HSK 1 to undertake HSK 2.
Program taught in: