HRM Delivery and Relationship with Strategy
- Course Code: HR102A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2645
HRM, Strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility
- The meaning of human resource management
- Business and corporate strategies
- Stakeholders and corporate responsibility
- High-Commitment HRM Policy and Practice
- An outline of high-commitment HR policies and practices
- Bundles of human resource practices
- Is high-commitment HRM universally applicable?
Aligning HRM with Organisational Goals
- Contingency theory and best fit
- ‘Best fit’ HRM
- Limitations of best-fit / contingency models
- Resource-based view of HRM and the ‘architecture’
- Applying RBV and architecture models to HRM
The Role of the HR function in Changing Times
- The development of HR as a specialist function
- Analysing the role of the HR function
- New forms of delivery: outsourcing, shared service centres and E-HRM
- Assessing the contribution of the HR function
Line Managers, Leadership and HRM
- Increasing the line management responsibility for HRM
- Problems with devolving HRM to line managers
- Developing line managers to provide effective HRM
- HR managers and executives
- Heads of HR functions
- HR business partners and advisors
- HR professionals and practitioners
- Senior HR officers and assistants who wish to understand and contribute to the development and implementation of HRM within their organisations.
- Small-business owners and managers responsible for the people function within their organizations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The multiple meanings of HRM, the relationship between strategy and HRM, and the value of seeing the strategy in terms of multiple stakeholders.
- The principal theoretical frameworks used in HRM – the universalist high-commitment paradigm, the contingency best-fit approach and the resource-based view of the firm.
- The distinctive roles played by HR professionals and line managers, as well as the alternative forms of HR service delivery through external consultants and shared service operations.
- The concept of leadership – whether it is different from management or not.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 10, 2019
This course is
Oct 7, 2019
Jan 27, 2020
Oct 7, 2019
Jan 27, 2020
June 1, 2020
Sep 28, 2020