The HND in Marketing is designed to provide and prepare students adequately for a wide range of marketing careers. It will enable students to acquire skills to enter junior /trainee roles in private and public organisations, where there are work opportunities in both in-house departments and specialist marketing, market research, advertising and marketing agencies.
Learners will experience a holistic development of practical, interpersonal, research analysis and planning and higher-level thinking skills. The focus is on developing learners for employment and higher education in an ethical manner.
The HND in Business (Marketing) pathway provides an overview of the marketing function. It considers the purchase decision-making process and the variables and situations influencing buyer behaviour. Topics covered include marketing research; promotional activities in response to a target audience; applying and evaluating analytical tools to create a marketing plan; sales planning and operations; and the different stages of the sales process.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is aimed at students who would like to gain a sound understanding of business and marketing essentials in general. The HND in Marketing is suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- School leavers
- Mature students returning to education (with related work experience)
- Individuals in employment who wish to improve their career prospects and
- Individuals who wish to start their own business.
Career Prospects – HND in Marketing
Once completed, you can then study a BA (Hons) Top-up course in various Business related courses. Students can also progress to professional qualifications after successful completion of their two-year programme. The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has four main qualifications:
- The Introductory Certificate in Marketing
- The Professional Certificate in Marketing
- The Professional Diploma in Marketing
- The Professional Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing.
On completion of the course, you will be awarded a Higher National Diploma (HND).
601/8364/0: Pearson BTEC Level 4 HND in Business
601/8365/2: Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Marketing Pathway)
- GCSE passes at grades ‘A to C’ including English Language, and either a minimum of one A-Level at grades ‘A’ to ‘E’, or a BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma, or an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution; or
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications; or
- Normally, two or more years of work experience at a managerial/supervisory/admin level relevant to the programme applied for. This must be evidenced via a personal statement, work experience form and successful interview, and supported by employment reference(s) indicating the duration of employment and the role.
You may be eligible to join an HND programme if you have previous learning that satisfies the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course you are interested in, normally with 90 credits (subject to syllabus studied previously). It is your responsibility to demonstrate this with objective evidence.
Prospective students who are not UK nationals, or who are UK nationals but do not have GCSE English Language at grades A to C, are required to take the Regent College’s Wembley English Academy English language assessment. If you hold IELTS grade 5.5, with both reading and writing at grade 5.5, you do not need to sit this assessment.
If you do not meet the required standard of English in the assessment, you will be offered an English language course to help you improve your English to the necessary level to gain admission to the Pearson HND Business programme.
- Course Fees: £6,165 per year
- Course Duration: Two-year, Full-Time
- Level: RQF Levels 4 and 5 (240 Credits)
- Awarding Body: Pearson
- Assessment: Assignments/course work
- Mode of Delivery: Full-Time
- Contact hours: 60 guided learning hours per unit over 40 weeks for all 8 units per year
- Progression: Employment or admission into the final year of a bachelor’s degree (subject to fulfilling the required admission criteria)
- Method of study: Lectures, seminars, case study analyses, group discussions and tutorials
- Intake dates: January, April, June and September
- Campus: Madison House, Wembley
- Disclosure: Pathways that do not recruit the required number of students may not run. You will be advised on alternative options if this is the case.
- Channel Marketing Manager
- Sales and Promotion Marketing Executive
- Communications Planner
- Digital Marketing Executive
How to apply
Higher National Diploma (HND)
From choosing the desired course to selecting the right pathway, writing your personal statement to submit the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the application process. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Step 1: Consultation appointment.
Step 2: Academic interview. If you are applying to study for an HND with Regent College Higher Education, you will need to attend an admissions interview. Your recruitment advisor can book your interview and help you prepare for it. But don’t worry. The interview is your chance to tell us why you want to study at Regent College Higher Education. It is not a test of your interview skills.
Step 3: Submitting your application. Complete your paper-based application and submit it to our Admissions Team.
You have done the hard work. So what’s next? Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email from us to acknowledge your application.
Once we have all the necessary information regarding your application, we will make a final decision. If you are offered a place, the offer may be ‘conditional’ or ‘unconditional’. If you have been accepted onto the course, you will then receive your joining instructions and more information about starting your studies.
If your results don’t meet the conditions of your offer, don’t panic! We aim to be accessible to all students and sometimes the admissions criteria can be based on experience, rather than qualifications. Contact our admissions team if your grades are not what you expected.
About the School
Regent College Higher Education is a leading provider of industry-related higher education. We are a diverse community active in promoting learning and education, with an established record of success ... Read More