This industry-focused higher national diploma (HND) equips you for a successful management career by providing a solid understanding of essential business management principles and practices. Through case studies, engaging projects and group work, you will encounter the real-world business situations faced by today’s managers.
The HND in Business (Business Management) pathway covers the main functions of management, including facilitating and managing change and providing a vision for the future of the organisation. You will focus on topics such as managing financial and physical resources; technology; managing information and providing products and services; building relationships and partnerships; managing people; leading business operations, and meeting customer needs.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who would like to gain the first two years of a Business Management Degree and then move onto a 1 year top-up at University to gain a full undergraduate degree. The HND courses are also ideal for managers who require a sound understanding of essential business and management activities and or a qualification that is highly respected by employers in all sectors, or managers who need a degree level business qualification.
Career Prospects – HND Business Management
On successful completion of this course, students will have strong career prospects in diverse areas of business including advertising, marketing, project management, human resources and administration.
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will have strong career prospects in diverse areas of business including human resources, administration, marketing, project management, advertising and research.
This 2-year diploma is accredited by Pearson Edexcel and delivered by Regent College Higher Education. On completion of the course, you will be awarded a Higher National Diploma (HND).
601/8364/0: Pearson BTEC Level 4 HND in Business
601/8365/2: Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Management)
- GCSE passes at grades ‘A to C’ including English Language, and either a minimum of one A Level at grades ‘A’ to ‘E’, or a BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma, or an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution; or
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications; or
- Normally, two or more years of work experience at a managerial/supervisory/admin level relevant to the programme applied for. This must be evidenced via a personal statement, work experience form and successful interview, and supported by employment reference(s) indicating the duration of employment and the role.
You may be eligible to join an HND programme if you have previous learning that satisfies the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course you are interested in, normally with 90 credits (subject to syllabus studied previously). It is your responsibility to demonstrate this with objective evidence.
Prospective students who are not UK nationals, or who are UK nationals but do not have GCSE English Language at grades A to C, are required to take the Regent College’s Wembley English Academy English language assessment. If you hold IELTS grade 5.5, with both reading and writing at grade 5.5, you do not need to sit this assessment.
If you do not meet the required standard of English in the assessment, you will be offered an English language course to help you improve your English to the necessary level to gain admission to the Pearson HND Business programme.
- Course Fees: £6,165 per year
- Course Duration: Two-year, Full Time
- Level: RQF Levels 4 and 5 (240 Credits)
- Awarding Body: Pearson
- Assessment: Assignments/course work
- Mode of Delivery: Full Time
- Contact hours: 60 guided learning hours per unit over 40 weeks for all 8 units per year
- Progression: Employment or admission into the final year of a bachelor’s degree (subject to fulfilling the required admission criteria)
- Method of study: Lectures, seminars, case study analyses, group discussions and tutorials
- Intake dates: January, April and September
- Campus: Madison House, Wembley and Acorn House, Southall
- Disclosure: Pathways that do not recruit the required number of students may not run. You will be advised on alternative options if this is the case.
- Business Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Business Advisor
- Office Manager
How to apply
Higher National Diploma (HND)
From choosing the desired course to selecting the right pathway, writing your personal statement to submit the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the application process. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Step 1: Consultation appointment.
Step 2: Academic interview. If you are applying to study for an HND with Regent College Higher Education, you will need to attend an admissions interview. Your recruitment advisor can book your interview and help you prepare for it. But don’t worry. The interview is your chance to tell us why you want to study at Regent College Higher Education. It is not a test of your interview skills.
Step 3: Submitting your application. Complete your paper-based application and submit it to our Admissions Team.
You have done the hard work. So what’s next? Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email from us to acknowledge your application.
Once we have all the necessary information regarding your application, we will make a final decision. If you are offered a place, the offer may be ‘conditional’ or ‘unconditional’. If you have been accepted onto the course, you will then receive your joining instructions and more information about starting your studies.
If your results don’t meet the conditions of your offer, don’t panic! We aim to be accessible to all students and sometimes the admissions criteria can be based on experience, rather than qualifications. Contact our admissions team if your grades are not what you expected.
About the School
Regent College Higher Education is a leading provider of industry-related higher education. We are a diverse community active in promoting learning and education, with an established record of success ... Read More