This HND accounting and finance qualification is generally recognised by employers and will equip students to develop higher-level skills essential for a successful career in business or accounting. The HND accounting and finance award is designed for those who wish to take up a career in accounting and/or financial administration within a range of business organisations.
Students would attain the following skills: financial reporting, interpreting financial data, integrating financial and management accounting with relevant business taxation, budgetary planning and control, marketing essentials, hr resource management, management and operations, business and the business environment.
Our HND in Business (Accounting and Finance) provides you with a comprehensive understanding of financial planning and constraints. It covers the collection and analysis of cost data for management purposes; budgetary planning and control; preparing financial statements for different types of business and legal and regulatory provisions; accounting and management control systems and an evaluation of their effectiveness; and the taxation of individuals and limited companies.
Who is this course for?
The HND Accounting and finance option is designed for those who wish to take up a career in accounting and finance or financial administration within a range of business organisations.
Candidates should have some prior knowledge of numeracy and communication, although formal qualifications may not be necessary if suitable experience had been gained informally or through work experience.
Mature students or applicants may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience (paid and/or unpaid) and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Career Prospects – HND Accounting and Finance
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Accounting and Finance) offers a progression route for learners to be employed in the accounting, auditing, and financial services industries. The HND in Business (Accounting and Finance) is useful for learners who wish to progress to a Bachelor’s Degree at various UK Universities – on a Top-Up Degree in Business.
This qualification also prepares you for employment opportunities or roles such as financial advisor or executive, assistant management accountant and a chartered accountant in the accounting or financial sector.
On completion of the course, you will be awarded a Higher National Diploma (HND).
601/8364/0: Pearson BTEC Level 4 HND in Business
601/8365/2: Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Accounting and Finance)
- GCSE passes at grades ‘A to C’ including English Language, and either a minimum of one A-Level at grades ‘A’ to ‘E’, or a BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma, or an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution; or
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications; or
- Normally, two or more years of work experience at a managerial/supervisory/admin level relevant to the programme applied for. This must be evidenced via a personal statement, work experience form and successful interview, and supported by employment reference(s) indicating the duration of employment and the role.
You may be eligible to join an HND programme if you have previous learning that satisfies the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course you are interested in, normally with 90 credits (subject to syllabus studied previously). It is your responsibility to demonstrate this with objective evidence.
Prospective students who are not UK nationals, or who are UK nationals but do not have GCSE English Language at grades A to C, are required to take the Regent College’s Wembley English Academy English language assessment. If you hold IELTS grade 5.5, with both reading and writing at grade 5.5, you do not need to sit this assessment.
If you do not meet the required standard of English in the assessment, you will be offered an English language course to help you improve your English to the necessary level to gain admission to the Pearson HND Business programme.
- Course Fees: £6,165 per year
- Course Duration: Two-year, Full-Time
- Level: RQF Levels 4 and 5 (240 Credits)
- Awarding Body: Pearson
- Assessment: Assignments/course work
- Mode of Delivery: Full-Time
- Contact hours: 60 guided learning hours per unit over 40 weeks for all 8 units per year
- Progression: Employment or admission into the final year of a bachelor’s degree (subject to fulfilling the required admission criteria)
- Method of study: Lectures, seminars, case study analyses, group discussions and tutorials
- Intake dates: January, April, June and September
- Campus: Madison House, Wembley
- Disclosure: Pathways that do not recruit the required number of students may not run. You will be advised on alternative options if this is the case.
- Chartered Accountant
- Accounting Technician
- Financial Advisor
How to apply
Higher National Diploma (HND)
From choosing the desired course to selecting the right pathway, writing your personal statement to submit the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the application process. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Step 1: Consultation appointment.
Step 2: Academic interview. If you are applying to study for an HND with Regent College Higher Education, you will need to attend an admissions interview. Your recruitment advisor can book your interview and help you prepare for it. But don’t worry. The interview is your chance to tell us why you want to study at Regent College Higher Education. It is not a test of your interview skills.
Step 3: Submitting your application. Complete your paper-based application and submit it to our Admissions Team.
You have done the hard work. So what’s next? Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email from us to acknowledge your application.
Once we have all the necessary information regarding your application, we will make a final decision. If you are offered a place, the offer may be ‘conditional’ or ‘unconditional’. If you have been accepted onto the course, you will then receive your joining instructions and more information about starting your studies.
If your results don’t meet the conditions of your offer, don’t panic! We aim to be accessible to all students and sometimes the admissions criteria can be based on experience, rather than qualifications. Contact our admissions team if your grades are not what you expected.
About the School
Regent College Higher Education is a leading provider of industry-related higher education. We are a diverse community active in promoting learning and education, with an established record of success ... Read More