HND Hospitality Management
The Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (HND) is a 2 year vocational course. This means that not only do you learn the theoretical aspects, but it also provides you with ability to relate this to the real world of work. Evaluating the application of these theories and concepts puts you at an advantage of being a strategic thinker and proactive manager in turbulent economic times.
This course is accredited by Edexcel.
This course covers general management units, hospitality and tourism specific units.
On successfully completing your course you could apply for a top up degree, or the work opportunities are varied in the hospitality sector.
Study in a global tourism capital
London is one of the world’s leading tourist destinations, home to world renowned hotels, restaurants and venues. It is the ideal UK location for studying tourism and hospitality, and for starting your career.
You will study 16 modules over a period of 2 years, before undertaking a research project, which will draw together everything you have learnt.
- The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- Finance for the Hospitality Industry
- Customer Service
- Rooms Division Operations Management
- Food & Beverage Operations Management
- The Travel & Tourism Sector
- Marketing for the Hospitality Industry
- Tour Operations Management
- The Developing Manager
- Employability Skills
- Human Resource Management for the Service Industry
- Personal and Professional Development
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Sales Development and Merchandising
- Small Business Enterprise
- Research Project
- At least 18 years of age
- 4 GCSEs (including English and Maths) or 120 UCAS points – or equivalent qualification
- Mature students without the above qualifications will be considered and are encouraged to apply, stating their qualifications and work experience.
- English proficiency – for non-English speaking countries as defined by the UKBA
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent