Duration: 2 Years
Starts On: January, April & September
Campus: London or Reading
Awarding Body: Edexcel
The HND Hospitality Management qualification prepares students for employment in the sector and is suitable for those who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work. Some students may wish to make the commitment required by this qualification in order to enter a specialist area of employment in the sector.
Employability and Professional Recognition
BTEC Edexcel qualifications are highly valued by employers both in the UK and overseas, and can also count towards membership of professional bodies and other employer organizations.
Successful completion of the HND will allow entry on to the one year top-up Degree in Hospitality Management accepted by most of the UK universities.
Why should I choose ABI College?
- Established College with excellent reputation
- Challenging academic environment that is focused on bringing out the best in you
- Friendly enthusiastic tutors
- Variety of teaching methods
- Well equipped teaching rooms
- Individual attention to your learning needs
- Many of the computing facilities can be accessed across the internet from home, allowing students to work on their assignments whenever and wherever they choose.
Year 1 Units:
- Customer Service
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Industry Experience
- Management Accounting for Hospitality
- Rooms Division Operations
- The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- The Developing Manager
Year 2 Units:
- Business Health Check
- Conference and Banqueting Management
- Facilities Operations
- Information Management and Technology
- Introduction to Internet and E-Business
- Quality Management
- A BTEC level 3 qualification in an appropriate area
- All Level 3 qualifications welcome
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma
- An equivalent foreign qualification
- We welcome qualifications from around the world
Applicants without formal qualifications
Even if you do not have any of the qualifications listed above, we would still be pleased to hear from you. We welcome applications from students with work or other experience and we will carry out our own assessment of your eligibility.
English Language Requirements
For Level 4/5 programs, you must have a minimum of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level B1 – (PTE Academic = 36 (in all 4 skills) or IELTS = 4.0 (in all 4 skills)), or equivalent. Applicants must provide proof of their scores, ideally an IELTS TRF (test report form), but internationally recognized equivalents will also be accepted.