This program is designed to equip students with the skills necessary to obtain employment in the field of Desktop Publishing, Graphic Design, Artwork, Poster Design, Advertising, and other artistic positions. The student will be familiarized with the most up-to-date software applications for designing and creating artwork.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature student
- A minimum final mark of 70%
- An overall average of 70%
Students who achieve an average of 90% or more will have an Honours designation on their certificate
- Graphic Artist
- Catalog Designer
- Layout Artist
- Website Designer
- Animation Creator
- Logo Designer
- Printing and Publishing
- Advertising Art Director
- Advertising Artist
- Advertising Designer
- Advertising Illustrator
Campaign Creators / Unsplash
- World’s Leading Software application in imaging.
- A professional image editor’s guide to creative use of Photoshop for the PC.
- Explore the endless possibilities of digital Imaging up to speed on Adobe's flagship graphic program.
- Create professional Game Art using Photoshop to processing camera raw digital photographs to producing web animation
- Balance image quality with minimum compression size as you create, edit and optimize images for the web with precise control
- Get top quality design results
- Produce highly optimized files still look great
- Create sophisticated web navigation
Adobe In Design
To develop and design, typography layout skills needed to become an in design, expert publishing skills and give documents professional polish.
- Expand your creative vision by learning how to express your ideas on print & on the Web with total training for Adobe Illustrator.
Job Search And Carrer Development
Steps for a Successful Job Search
Identify Present and Future Goals and the Differences Between Jobs and Careers Identify and Discuss Work Related Characteristics and Personal Characteristics Identify Skills and Area of Expertise, Stressing the Importance of Technical and Soft Skills identify and Discuss Transferable skills.
Job Search Management
Discuss the Importance of obtaining Employer profiles Identify ways and Stress the Importance of Focusing on the Right Job Tap into the Hidden Job Market Discuss the Importance and Use of Networking Outline and Discuss Employer Expectations.
Resume types – chronological and functional How to Market Oneself Writing the Resume— objective, education, experience and overall appearance How to Create Effective Cover Letters and Thank You Letters.
- How to Prepare for the Interview
- Various Types of Interviews
- Typical Interview Questions
- Questions to Ask a Prospective Employer
- Mockup Interview and Feedback
Graduate Employment Assistance Services
- The above is not a complete program outline, it is intended to provide merely a guideline.
- Detailed course descriptions follow.
- We reserve the right to change or upgrade the programs at any time. Courses are not listed in the order they are taught.
HTML Web Design
- How to efficiently layout, develop, and maintain standards-based websites.
- Learn how to quickly incorporate Video & other Multimedia into your website and make more efficient updates.
- Creating an interactive website, you will dramatically expand your knowledge of Flash to extensive capabilities.
Digital Photo Imaging
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe InDesign
- QuarkXpress to Adobe
Image Creation, Editing & Optimization
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
Program taught in: