THE EVER GROWING INDUSTRY OF GRAPHIC DESIGN
In Canada, and in most parts of the world, the number of graphic designers and illustrators is expected to increase sharply over the next few years.
In 2006, Montreal was appointed UNESCO City of Design due to the increase in creative companies re-locating to Montreal. This being said, the Graphic Design program at Inter-Dec College, a member of the LCI Education network, offers students professional level facilities, qualified teachers whom currently work in the industry and a hands-on education helping the students master the necessary skills needed to succeed as a graphic designer.
Graduates from our program often find jobs with internationally acclaimed companies such as Moment Factory, Sid Lee, ALDO, just to name a few.
Each session, Inter-Dec College organizes an exhibition to highlight the projects of its students. Come join us at our next exhibition!
- Develop expert level skills in graphic design;
- Follow specific guidelines to create and design visual components;
- Master various MAC and PC software to optimize your illustration, imaging, and layout skills;
- Organize and manage your wild and creative ideas;
- Experience the industry-like process of developing a project for electronic and print media.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Artistically driven and talented;
- Great communication skills;
- Passionate about emerging technology and new media;
- Attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently.
To be considered for admission to a program leading to an attestation of college studies, you must have an education considered sufficient by the College and meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least one year of postsecondary studies;
- Participation in a government program or an agreement between the College and your employer;
- Two semesters or one full school year must have passed since your previous studies (i.e. high school).
As a graduate, you will find work with organizations that specialize in publishing, packaging, advertising and promotions in electronic and printed media.
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers. This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice about your education. It’s free of charge and there are no future obligations!
One year (three 15-week semesters). Total of 915 hours.
CLASS SIZE & FACILITIES
- Maximum 20 students per class;
- One student per workstation during lab time;
- MAC + PC workstations;
- The College also boasts a photography studio;
- Every class has its own printer and scanner;
- Adobe CS suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver);
- QuarkXpress, and HTML language
Attestation of college studies
On the first day of class, the teacher will provide you with a detailed
list of the required materials for the semester and then help find the
About the School
Since its founding in 1983, Inter-Dec College has distinguished itself by the quality of the training it offers, the variety of its programs, and the excellence of its student services.