Students who successfully complete an INTO Mason Graduate Pathway program in Music are assured progression to a Mason graduate degree program upon submission of additional required application materials.
Upon successful completion of an INTO Mason Pathway program and meeting university requirements for graduate admission, you may enter your second semester of graduate study at George Mason University. This transition from an INTO Mason Pathway program to a university degree program is called 'progression'.
Degree Program Components
- 30 credit-hour program
- 10 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 20 credit hours remaining toward a degree
- 30 credit hour program
- 8 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 22 credit hours remaining toward a degree
- Develop your knowledge and skills through active learning in your chosen subject area.
- Guaranteed university placement for all successful students.
- Adapt to studying in the US with a strong focus on study and research skills.
- Improve your English level and develop the vocabulary for your chosen degree subject.
- Graduate in the same amount of time as domestic students.
Key course facts
- Course length: 2 Semesters
- Start dates: 2019: January; 2020: January
- Fees: $36,800
- Class hours: 9-13 hours per week
- Class size: 15
- Award: This program leads a Master of Music at George Mason University with concentrations in the following Composition, Conducting, Jazz Studies, Music Education, Performance and Pedagogy.
- Course options:
- Academic requirements: Four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent in music performance, music education, music theory, composition or jazz studies. 2.75 undergraduate GPA. Audition recordings must be submitted at time of application as a DVD or web-based file.
- English language requirements: TOEFL iBT 70 (13+ subscores in reading and listening), IELTS 6.0 (5.5+ subscores in reading and listening), PTEA 47, Password 6.0 Knowledge and 6.0 Writing, Completion of AE Core and OCS Level 5, or IELA 169 (162 subscores in reading and listening).
- Age requirements: 17 years and above.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
About the School
You'll benefit from George Mason University's commitment to providing international students like you with an outstanding university experience. Mason programs emphasize opportunities outside the clas ... Read More