Preparation for a master's degree in areas such as such as criminology, social sciences, political communication, international publishing and the arts.
Why apply for the Graduate Diploma programme?
- university placement for all successful students
- a quality-assured university programme
- access to City, University of London support and facilities
Where does it take me?
This course leads to the following master's degrees at City, University of London:
Social Science and Arts
- MA Criminology and Criminal Justice
- MA Culture, Policy and Management
- MA Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
- MA Global Political Economy
- MA International Communication and Development
- MA International Politics and Human Rights
- MA International Politics
- MA Media and Communications
- MA Music (Ethnomusicology)
- MA International Publishing
- MA Publishing
- MA Audio-visual Translation and Popular Culture
- MA Creative Writing and Publishing
- MSc Food Policy
- Mres Clinical Research
- MSc Health Policy
- Msc Health Services Research
- MSc Health Management
- MSc Health Economics
- MSc Economic Evaluation in Health Care
17th in the UK for Communication and Media Studies
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
What is special about the programme?
The Graduate Diploma in Social Sciences and the Arts is a full-time academic programme that prepares you for postgraduate study in areas such as criminology, social sciences, political communication, international publishing and the arts. You will improve your language skills, increase your knowledge in academic subjects and develop the necessary study and research skills for postgraduate study. You will also gain an understanding of the UK education system before entering as a postgraduate.
As well as full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on a designated postgraduate degree at City, University of London
- intensive English tuition
- world-class facilities in a modern study centre
- detailed feedback on performance
- a highly supportive study environment
- small classes for maximum student teacher interaction
- professional support and guidance with your university application
- the highest levels of pastoral care and support
Our teaching style is designed to encourage you to think independently. Technology is used to enhance the classroom experience with real-time interactive writing tasks, as well as accessing online academic databases from the classroom. And the small class sizes mean even lectures provide an opportunity for discussions to take place.
A highlight of the programme is the poster presentation you will give on your intended research topic. More interactive than traditional presentation, this task is designed to encourage discussion and peer feedback.
Who should apply for the Graduate Diploma programme?
The Graduate Diploma is suitable for international students who need an introduction to the study of a subject in preparation to study it at postgraduate level, or to upgrade qualifications if you have studied a 3 year Diploma in a relevant subject. The Graduate Diploma is also suitable for those that want to increase or update their subject knowledge or those that need to improve their English language study skills within the context of their chosen subject.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 terms (9 months)
Start dates: September and January
Fees: From £15,495
Academic: Completed 3 years of higher education with good grades
English language: IELTS 5.5 - 6.0 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 16, 2018