Preparation for master's degrees in areas such as information science, human-centred systems and computer games technology.
Why apply for the Graduate Diploma programme?
- university placement for all successful students
- a quality-assured university programme
- access to City, University of London support and facilities
What does this lead to?
This course leads to the following master's degrees at City, University of London:
Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- MSc Biomedical Engineering with Healthcare Technology Management
- MSc Civil Engineering Structures
- MSc Civil Engineering Structures (Nuclear Power Plants)
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Renewable Energy and Power Systems Management
- MSc Energy and Environmental Technology and Economics
- MSc Maritime Operations and Management
- MSc Air Safety Management (P/T)
- MSc Air Transport Management (P/T)
- MSc Aircraft Maintenance Management (P/T)
- MSc Construction Management
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Project Management, Finance and Risk
- MSc Computer Games Technology
- MSc Health Informatics
- MSc Information Science
- MSc Information Systems and Technology
- MSc Management of Information Security a
- MSc Human-Computer Interaction Design
- MSc Library Science
17th in the UK for General Engineering
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
What is special about the programme?
The Graduate Diploma in Science and Engineering is a full-time academic programme that prepares you for postgraduate study in areas such as information science, human-centred systems and computer games technology.
You will improve your language skills, increase your knowledge in academic subjects and develop the necessary study and research skills for postgraduate study. You will also gain an understanding of the UK education system before entering as a postgraduate.
As well as full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on a designated postgraduate degree at City, University of London
- intensive English tuition
- world-class facilities in a modern study centre
- detailed feedback on performance
- a highly supportive study environment
- small classes for maximum student teacher interaction
- professional support and guidance with your university application
- the highest levels of pastoral care and support
The Computing modules have a strong practical focus: lectures are complemented by computer lab sessions where you will write programs. You will use the programs Virtualbox and Kali Linux as virtual hacking environments to practise ethical hacking. If you are studying the Science and Engineering pathway, you will attend seminar style classes, providing you with a solid grounding in physics in preparation for a range of engineering degrees.
Who should apply for the Graduate Diploma programme?
The Graduate Diploma is suitable for international students who need an introduction to the study of a subject in preparation to study it at postgraduate level, or to upgrade qualifications if you have studied a 3 year Diploma in a relevant subject. The Graduate Diploma is also suitable for those that want to increase or update their subject knowledge or those that need to improve their English language study skills within the context of their chosen subject.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 terms (9 months)
Start dates: September and January
Fees: From £15,495
Academic: Completed 3 years of higher education with good grades
English language: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course
About the School
A friendly hub in central London, the INTO Centre is a welcoming and well-equipped study space. The centre plays host to great resources, study spaces, dining facilities and support services. This wel ... Read More