The following modules are indicative of what you will study on this course.
- Contract Law
- Criminal Law
- Equity and the Law of Trusts
- Land Law
- Law of the European Union
- Public Law
- Project in Additional Area of Law
- Legal Skills
This course is open to non-Law graduates who wish to convert their existing degree to a law degree by completing the academic stage of legal training in one year.
The full-time Graduate Diploma in Law Course, also known as the CPE, is open to graduates who have a non-law degree or those who have an equivalent qualification as well as mature entrants who are deemed eligible by the SRA.
The entry requirement is a degree with a minimum of a 2.2 or overseas equivalent grade.
If your first language is not English, you will need an IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other elements.
Westminster law students benefit from the following:
- Dedicated 1-2-1 appointments with careers advisors.
- Feedback and advice on CVs, applications and interview preparation.
- Employer panel events and talks.
- Law vacancy jobs bulletin.
- Annual Law Fair Consortium.
- Mock Assessment Centres and Interviews.
Career development centre
Our Career Development Centre has just been shortlisted for the Best University Careers Service in the National Undergraduate Employability Awards for 2017.
With a growing network of over 3,000 employers around the world and a team of experienced careers consultants, we are here to help you succeed.
In 2015–16, we helped over 1,500 students find work placements across a range of sectors, with 250 employers attending 14 on-campus skills and careers fairs.
As a Westminster student, you’ll have access to our services throughout your studies and after you graduate.
We can help you:
- find work placements related to your course,
- find part-time/vacation, placement and graduate jobs, including voluntary experience,
- find international opportunities to enhance your employability,
- market yourself effectively to employers,
- write better CVs and application forms,
- develop your interview and enterprise skills,
- plan your career with our careers consultants,
- meet employers and explore your career options at our employer fairs, careers presentations and networking events throughout the year.