Graduate Diploma in Graphic Design
This 1-year program allows those from design-related and other industries to develop conceptual, production and research skills in graphic design.
Rather than simply focusing on theory, this program has a strong emphasis on studio-based learning, allowing you to develop practical and industry-relevant skills from day one.
Classes are delivered part-time and full-time by practising professionals and take place out of business hours.
This program is made up of 96 credit points. You will be required to study 6 core courses and 2 electives.
- Contextual studies
- Information and interface
- Type and identity
- Professional practice project
- Promotional design
- Publication design.
You will choose two electives from:
- Graphic design process
- Illustration for graphic design
- New media technology and process
- Professional research and evaluation (required for entry into Master of Communication Design)
- Web software and design.
Graduates of this program may have the opportunity to articulate into the Master of Communication Design.
Successful completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent. Applicants with significant work experience or professional practice may also be considered.
Applicants must submit a folio.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band of 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
This school offers programs in: