The Graduate Diploma in Business (GDBus) is designed for graduates of a bachelor’s degree or similar qualification in a discipline other than business who wish to achieve a level of competency and a qualification in business. It also caters for those with a bachelor’s degree in one area of business who wish to broaden their knowledge in another.
Some students may wish to use this qualification as a pathway to postgraduate study in business or related disciplines. Others may wish to use it to enhance an existing qualification for a management career in business.
Additional short workshops are scheduled to assist students to acquire a well-rounded knowledge of the business.
Graduates will demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and qualities:
- A strong foundation in the key aspects of management, marketing, and economics.
- An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of international business
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of different cultural perspectives
- Good customer service skills
- Understanding of quality assurance principles
- Sensitivity to cultural and social impacts of international business.
The GDBus programme comprises 7 courses including a compulsory core of three courses in Business Economics and International Business, a minimum of four courses (72 credits) at Level 7, and a maximum of one course at Level 5.
The programme comprises seven courses, including:
2.113 Business Economics
2.231 Introduction to International Business
2.331 International Business
Plus one Business elective course at Stage 2.
Plus three Business elective courses at Stage 3.
- Bachelor degree at least equivalent to New Zealand pass standard; and
- IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 / TOEFL iBT 60 (with a writing score of 18) / Pearson 50 / TEP 52 or equivalent with no band less than 12
- Candidates without a Bachelor degree but with an appropriate mix of a lesser qualification and work experience may be approved for special admission by the Academic Board