The Graduate Diploma in Business (GDBus) is designed for graduates of a bachelor’s degree or similar qualification in a discipline other than business who wish to achieve a level of competency and a qualification in business. It also caters for those with a bachelor’s degree in one area of business who wish to broaden their knowledge in another.
Some students may wish to use this qualification as a pathway to postgraduate study in business or related disciplines. Others may wish to use it to enhance an existing qualification for a management career in business.
Additional short workshops are scheduled to assist students to acquire a well-rounded knowledge of the business.
Graduates will demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and qualities:
- A strong foundation in the key aspects of management, marketing, and economics.
- An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of international business
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of different cultural perspectives
- Good customer service skills
- Understanding of quality assurance principles
- Sensitivity to cultural and social impacts of international business.
The GDBus programme comprises 7 courses including a compulsory core of three courses in Business Economics and International Business, a minimum of four courses (72 credits) at Level 7, and a maximum of one course at Level 5.
The programme comprises seven courses, including:
2.113 Business Economics
2.231 Introduction to International Business
2.331 International Business
Plus one Business elective course at Stage 2.
Plus three Business elective courses at Stage 3.
- Bachelor degree at least equivalent to New Zealand pass standard; and
- IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 / TOEFL iBT 60 (with a writing score of 18) / Pearson 50 / TEP 52 or equivalent with no band less than 12
- Candidates without a Bachelor degree but with an appropriate mix of a lesser qualification and work experience may be approved for special admission by the Academic Board
About the School
Established in 1990, Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS) is one of New Zealand’s largest private degree-granting institutions.