Graduate Diploma in Arts Management
The studies in Arts Management are structured to maximise the prior learning of each student and to provide pathways to suit each students’ professional and academic need. They are geared to meet the needs of practitioners who are working or wish to work and/or broaden their career opportunities as artists or managers.
The program has been designed to:
- produce graduates who have the skills, professional knowledge and capabilities to work effectively in the arts management industry;
- produce graduates who are flexible, aware of the changing environment and who are able to operate effectively within this environment;
- assist students to develop practical skills and networks in arts management;
- reflect the needs of the contemporary worker and workplace with the aim of fostering leadership in arts related workplaces;
- deliver a program of study that meets real world needs relevant to the arts management workplace.
Articulation and pathways
The program offers a pathway from undergraduate arts, business and industry programs into the Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters level through to doctoral level study.
Academic entrance requirements: An Australian undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, or its equivalent. Applicants with significant work experience or professional practice may also be considered.
International English language requirements:
- IELTS (Academic): 7.0 (no band less than 6.5)
- TOEFL (Paper based): 600 (TWE 5.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test – iBT): Overall score of 100 with minimum of 24 in writing and 22 in all other sections
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE(A)): 65 (no band less than 58)
- Cambridge English – Advanced (CAE): CAE Grade B
- RMIT English Worldwide (REW) – English for Academic Purposes (EAP) programs: (Advanced 2 certificate pre- 2011)
Note: This program incurs additional costs.
This school offers programs in: