Illustrate your high level of expertise
The Graduate Certificate of Professional Studies specifically designed for professionals to develop their skills and gain a postgraduate qualification while maintaining their current employment position.
You will be able to combine your studies with projects and research in your professional field, leading to benefits for both you and your workplace. Professional Studies is a modern way of opening up university learning opportunities and qualifications for busy professionals.
By completing the Graduate Certificate of Professional Studies you will gain a postgraduate qualification illustrating the high level of expertise you have gained in your profession, make a contribution to your organization, and to your own development and career.
The Graduate Certificate is also a stepping stone to the Master of Professional Studies degree.
Courses to be studied
- 1 x core course (2 units)
- 1 x workplace-based project course (2 units)
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
Study Mode/ Cost
- Domestic full fee paying: AUD 9560
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allow you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- 3-year bachelor degree from an Australian University or equivalent plus at least 3 years experience in their field of professional practice
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 3, 2018 - applications close Monday 5 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 19 November 2018.
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Monday 18 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Monday 1 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.
Credit for previous study or work experience
You may be eligible for credit if you have previously studied or have relevant work experience. This will help to reduce the number of courses that you need to study to finish your program.