Expertise. Choice. Flexibility
The Graduate Certificate of Education provides flexibility for students to select courses that best advance their applied knowledge and skills in relation to advancing their careers. The Graduate Certificate of Education also provides a pathway into the USQ Education Master’s portfolio.
Enhance your qualifications
Depending on their specialisation, graduates will have career opportunities to work as professionals in education; training and development; career development; educational leadership; digital learning; adult, profession and workplace learning; and tertiary education.
Many of the courses offered provide you with opportunities to address real issues through independent work in an approved workplace professional development activity. You can see the results of your studies in your workplace immediately.
Pathway to further study
The postgraduate certificate is a great place to start and you can continue on to obtain your Masters degree with either the Master of Education (Commonwealth Supported Place) or the Master of Education (Full-fee paying) depending on which courses you studied.
A pathway exists all the way to doctoral studies, either the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy.
- Adult, Professional and Workplace Learning
- Applied Linguistics
- Behaviour Intervention
- Career Development
- Counselling in Educational Contexts
- Curriculum and Pedagogical Leadership
- Digital Learning Environments
- Early Childhood
- Gifted and Talented
- Leading and Managing Educational Organisations
- Learning Intervention
- Multicultural Education
- Special Education
- Tertiary Teaching
*The on-campus offering is not available to international students.
Students also have the to option to enrol in any 4 courses, regardless of the program mode of study they enrolled in.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Completion of an Australian university Bachelor degree in an education related discipline, or equivalent (AQF Level 7) from a recognised institution.
- English Language Proficiency requirements for Category 3.
For applicants who have a Bachelor degree or equivalent (AQF level 7) in a non-related discipline from a recognised institution, the Graduate Certificate of Education provides a pathway into the Master of Education. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, students will be eligible for entry into the Master of Education.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate of Education and maintain satisfactory academic standing (GPA 3.5) but do not achieve a GPA of 4.0 can articulate into the Graduate Diploma of Education. On successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Education, students can articulate into the Master of Education provided other program entry requirements are met.
All students are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements.
If students do not meet the English language requirements they may apply to study a University-approved English language program. On successful completion of the English language program, students may be admitted to an award program.
- This program does not qualify students for teacher registration in Queensland. To qualify for teacher registration in Queensland, please refer to the Graduate Diploma of Learning and Teaching or Master of Learning and Teaching.
- Not all courses are available in every mode in every semester or year. Students are advised to check the course and mode offer listings for each semester/year.
- All modes of study are supported with the USQ StudyDesk. It is possible to complete the program via a combination of delivery modes.
- Minimum enrolment numbers apply to all courses. Should enrolments not meet the minimum number required, students may be transferred to a different mode or offering and advised of this change prior to semester start.
Cost & Fees
You are able to calculate the fees for a particular course via the Course Fee Finder.
||Semester 1 (February)
Semester 2 (July)
|Semester 1 (February)
Semester 2 (July)
Semester 3 (November)
||International full fee paying place
||Domestic full fee paying place
International full fee paying place
| Standard duration:
||1 semester full-time (student-led pathway only),
up to 2 years part-time
|1 semester full-time (student-led pathway only),
up to 2 years part-time