This graduate certificate program teaches students to leverage sports and events as an all-encompassing marketing communication medium.
While the courses focus on sport as the learning catalyst, the skills learned also apply to other sectors such as arts, entertainment and non-profit, broadening the employment landscape for business and marketing students.
Students will benefit from courses that include advanced and management-level skills in the Sport and Event Marketing world. Digital platforms ensure students use the latest forms and tools.
Students will participate in a field placement that may be located outside of the London area.
- Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma or Degree, or equivalent
- An acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College*
- Five years of work experience in a related field as judged by the College to be equivalent*
*Applicants may be required to submit a resume and cover letter that includes details of work experience.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10
Recommended Academic Preparation
It is highly recommended that students be proficient in the following areas before entry into the program:
- Business Communication
- Computer applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Recommended Personal Preparation
Students should have a strong familiarity with the world of sport including federations, multisport service organizations, institutes, and leagues.
Applicant Selection Criteria
Where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will be:
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario.
- Receipt of Application by February 1st (After this date, Fanshawe College will consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full).
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements.
The following items are applicable to the program and are time-sensitive. Please refer to www.fanshawec.ca/preplacement for important information about preparing for placement by the due date.
- Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening, including a check of the Pardoned Sexual Offenders Database
- Placement Agreement
Graduates of this program will find opportunities as a Marketing Officer, Public Relations Manager, Athletics Facilities and Events Officer, Director of Branding and Communications, Professional Sports Agent, Manager - Marketing and Sponsorship.
About the School
Fanshawe College is a large, publicly-funded College located in London, Ontario, Canada – approximately a two-hour drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls. There are 21,000 full-time students, including ... Read More