Graduate Certificate in Software Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in SWE assumes that students have a significant background in computing. It both deepens and broadens their knowledge of computing, and prepares them for positions of more responsibility in the computing industry, as well as for further postgraduate studies. Students interested in the Graduate Certificate will typically not have a first degree in computing.
- A bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or a closely related field (or a bachelor’s degree with professional competence and knowledge equivalent to a Computer Science degree.)
- A bachelor’s degree in any field with work experience relevant to this Certificate. (Students in this category would have to take substantial additional course work to get ready for this certificate, and would be advised to take the Graduate Certificate in Software Engineering Foundations first.)
Another 6000-level SWE course may be substituted for one of the required courses if it is determined that the applicant has equivalent knowledge (e.g., a closely matching graduate course).
Graduates of the GCSWE are strongly encouraged to apply for the MSSWE program, and if accepted, all 6000-level courses taken for the GCSWE will count for credit towards the MSSWE.
Why Software Engineering
Software Engineering (SWE) represents one of the fastest growing segments of software professionals. Business and industry require Software Engineers in the fields of medicine, the military, domestic and international communications, aerospace engineering and many more.
Software Engineering students at Kennesaw State University work in teams that deliver high-quality software products as they learn the fundamental concepts of Computer Science and what it means to be a software engineer. Advanced course work is selected from areas such as user interaction engineering, component-based development, embedded systems and other state-of-the-art methodologies and practices that reflect the fast-paced changes in the field.
Our SWE programs have flexible options via night and online courses, and small class sizes ensure students get to know their professors. Students receive hands-on experience through labs and classroom work.
Top reasons to join Software Engineering at Kennesaw State University:
- Georgia is in the Top Ten States of highest paid software engineers
- Kennesaw State is the only public university in Georgia that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in Software Engineering.
- KSU's BSSWE is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly.
- Resume - (Can be uploaded into the online application)
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Letters of Recommendation