Graduate Certificate in IT Foundations
The Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Foundations is aimed at individuals who hold an accredited bachelor’s degree in an area unrelated to computing but who would like to transition into a Master’s program in Information Technology or obtain an entry-level position in the industry. Students who obtain the certificate have skills and knowledge in the areas of programming, web development, database systems, system administration and information assurance and security. All the courses in the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Foundations are offered both face-to-face and online. No Credit by Examination or course substitution.
If you are interested in finding out more about our Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Foundations please contact the coordinator for the MSIT program, Dr. Lei Li.
Please note, no courses can be transferred into graduate certificates.
No foundation courses can be waived or transferred into the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Foundations.
MSIT students can request a waiver for a foundation course if:
- The equivalent undergraduate or graduate course was completed in another accredited college or university,
- The course is completed with a grade of "C" or better,
- The course credit was earned within the last ten years.
Students can earn credit for foundation courses by participating in the credit-by-exam process.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly.
- Resume - (Can be uploaded into the online application)
- Please note: If you pursue the Master of Science in Information Technology upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Foundations, you must satisfy the additional admission requirements for that program.