Businesses today operate in complex technology-based environments. To ensure efficiency and accuracy in information systems and for prevention of fraudulent practices, businesses require their information systems and processes to be audited. Stakeholders need assurance of confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
The Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Audit and Compliance (ITAC) courses enables students to learn security concepts and understand how IT related risks can be minimized through security and control measures. Students will also develop an understanding of major regulatory requirements.
The program consists of four (4) Core Courses and two (2) Elective courses. The elective courses provide the opportunity for the students to develop further competencies covered in the core courses, based on their area of interest.
All new students in this certificate program need certain basic skills to complete it. Students who do not have the requisite background in business administration and information technology need to take some or all of the prerequisite courses before they begin work on the courses in the program.
Graduates will be able to:
- Assess risks to information and information systems.
- Perform audit planning, employ effective information collection techniques and differentiate forms of evidence.
- Understand the nature and frameworks of corporate governance for IT.
- Evaluate the applicability of the components and processes of regulatory documents and methodologies.
- Perform access controls, process controls and internal audits.
About the School
VIU is a non-profit university committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we endeavor to provide the most positive environment for learning availab ... Read More