Protecting the private and personal information of industries and people is not only a vital and important career, but it's also never been more in demand. If you're technically minded and are looking to add to your already impressive resume, the Information Security Management program will give your future career the boost it needs.
To fit in with your busy schedule, the program is available 100% online or in a traditional in-class format (full-time or part-time) with September, January or May admissions. Once you've chosen a schedule that best suits your needs, you'll learn how to manage both the operational and strategic aspects of information security. In just eight months, you'll develop the skills to identify how a business is vulnerable, and how to best safeguard their information. You'll also learn detailed practical aspects of security such as risk analysis, vulnerability testing, writing security policies, implementing access controls, and performing security audits.
When you graduate, your career options will be as diverse as your future clients. Work as a Security Analyst, in the public or private sectors. Give your career security while helping companies keep their data safe.
- A Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree in a computing-related field
An acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College to be equivalent to the above.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 570 for the paper-based test (PBT), or 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years.
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years.
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years.
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10.
Recommended Academic Preparation
- Previous business or IT post-secondary education and/or training and/or work experience.
Applicant Selection CriteriaWhere the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will be:
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario.
- Receipt of Application by February 1st (After this date, Fanshawe College will consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full).
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements.
|INFO-6003||O/S & Applications Security||4|
|INFO-6047||Routing & Switching||5|
|ACAD-6002||Graduate Success Strategies||1|
|INFO-6078||Managing Enterprise Networks||3|
|INFO-6081||Monitoring & Incident Response||3|
|INFO-6065||Ethical Hacking & Exploits||4|
This program will prepare graduates to take advantage of the growing opportunities in the information security field. Graduates will be an asset to any information technology support department or specifically as part of a security team, in virtually all sectors of business. Subsequently, with the right experience base, graduates can expect to find opportunities as security analysts and consultants or in security management roles. They would obtain positions such as security analysts, information security auditor, network security analyst, IT technical security specialist and threat-risk/vulnerability security specialist.
About the School
Fanshawe College is a large, publicly-funded College located in London, Ontario, Canada – approximately a two-hour drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls. There are 21,000 full-time students, including ... Read More