Location: London - Airport.
This one-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate program will provide students with the specialized knowledge and skills required for a career in aircraft maintenance and repair.
The curriculum is designed around the standardized quality management system for the aerospace industry (AS9100) to prepare graduates for a work environment that adheres to that system's requirements.
Practical elements of aerospace manufacturing skills, work-environment readiness, safety management systems, materials handling and tooling will be the focus of this Graduate Certificate. The program will be delivered in a face-to-face (web-facilitated) format.
- Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Degree in Engineering from a Canadian Engineering accredited program or equivalent international degree in the field of engineering.
An equivalent qualification from another institution as judged by the College
An acceptable combination of relevant education and work experience in the field of aerospace manufacturing/engineering as judged by the College to be equivalent*
* Applicants may be required to submit a resume and cover letter that includes details of work experience.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 570 for the paper-based test (PBT), or 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years.
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years.
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years.
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10.
Applicant Selection Criteria
Where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will be:
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario.
- Receipt of Application by February 1st (After this date, Fanshawe College will consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full).
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements.
Applied Aerospace Manufacturing-2019/2020
||Leadership, Professionalism & Comm
||Standards, Regulations & Certifications
||Composites/Additives & Materials
||Avionic System Design & Installation
||Computer-Aided Aerospace Design
||Aircraft Structural Analysis
||Quality Control Methodologies
||Assembly & Manufacturing Techniques
||Aerospace Case Study
Students Must Complete a Minimum of 10 credits in this program at Fanshawe College to meet the Program Residency requirement and graduate from this program
Graduates from this program will be prepared for careers in the aerospace industry for jobs requiring skills in aircraft maintenance and repair.
See 36 more programs offered by Fanshawe College »
Last updated October 3, 2019
This course is
Canadian Tuition Fee: $2,973.22 International Tuition Fee: $7,375.00