Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
Recommended Academic Preparation
Study in business or a field of study related to agriculture.
Recommended Personal Preparation
Applicants should have a sincere interest in working in the agricultural industry. The majority of employment opportunities will be in rural and small to mid-sized communities. Work experience in a related industry will provide a very useful background.
Where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will be:
Take all of the following Mandatory Courses:
- MKTG-6022 Relationship Mgmt & Selling Fundamentals
- MKTG-6023 Agricultural Marketing
- FLDP-6018 Field Placement Agri-Business
- FINA-6018 Agricultural Finance
- AGRI-6001 Issues in the Agri-Food Industry
- AGRI-6002 Food Safety & Traceability
- AGRI-6003 Precision Technologies in Agriculture
- AGRI-6004 Pest Control Management
- ACCT-5012 Managerial Accounting
- MGMT-6088 Employee Relations
- MGMT-6089 Leadership & Management Fundamentals
- HLTH-6040 Canadian Occupational Health & Safety
- MGMT-5050 New Media Marketing
The agriculture industry is experiencing revolutionary change and provides many exciting career opportunities. Technology has driven much of this change and continues to shatter old boundaries. As agricultural enterprises have become much larger, with an expanded workforce, additional management layers have been created. New standards for food safety and the proliferation of farm-to-consumer business ventures have spawned the need for new skill sets and career opportunities for graduates with current skill sets. Graduates will have the opportunity to seek employment in a wide variety of agricultural businesses including very large farms, smaller intensive farming enterprises, food processing, and distribution firms, boutique enterprises that market their own products, and agricultural supply firms such as lending or sales enterprises.