The Advertising Account Management program prepares you for a successful career in the client service area of the advertising, marketing and communications industry.
If you like creating, planning, managing and working in collaborative teams, then this communications and media program is for you. Because the advertising industry needs specialized account managers who understand the full scope of the industry. The courses in this offering cover areas such as:
- Digital, mobile and social media platforms
- Event marketing
- Direct marketing
- Management of integrated communications plans from inception to final production
Not only does a team of seasoned advertising professionals teach and mentor you as you acquire new skills and confidence for the industry, but you also have the opportunity to apply your knowledge to the real world. The Advertising Account Management program at Centennial College is the only post-graduate offering of its kind in Canada to offer a full 14-week field placement in the advertising and marketing communications industry.
During your field placement, you obtain knowledge of the day-to-day operations of account management and gain hands-on experience that you can highlight in your portfolio and on your resume. Many students have been offered full time or contract positions during their field placement.
Please note: This program requires you to have and use a mobile computing device (i.e. laptop, tablet) that meets or exceeds the recommended hardware requirements. For more information, please visit Mobile Learning Programs.
- This Account Management program gives you the opportunity to turn your degree or diploma into a practical way to enter the advertising industry.
- Faculty members have industry experience and can help you to connect with the industry by tapping into their network of professional contacts.
- Industry-equivalent computer software and media planning/research systems are utilized throughout many of your courses.
- Opportunity to work at Tilt — a student-run communications agency — provides an excellent opportunity to gain real experience working for real clients while you are in school.
- The Story Arts Centre, where you attend your courses, is only 15 minutes from most of Toronto's major advertising agencies.
- The Interactive Advertising Bureau recognizes this program as offering the largest breadth of digital/mobile curriculum.
- The industry-recognized graduate certificate you earn once you complete the Advertising Account Management program reflects a high standard of learning.
Companies Offering Jobs
Companies that have hired graduates of this School of Communication, Media and Design program include: Agency 59, Anderson DDB, Anomaly, BBDO/Proximity, Canadian Tire, Cossette Communications, Cundari, Draftfcb, J. Walter Thompson, Juniper Park, Leo Burnett, MacLaren McCann, Saatchi & Saatchi, and Young & Rubicam.
- Junior account executive
- Assistant account manager
- Sales promotion specialist
- Direct marketing assistant
Areas of Employment
- Digital and mobile marketing
- Sales promotion
- Event marketing
- Direct marketing
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- Three-year college diploma or university degree in any discipline from a recognized institution. We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or two years completion towards a university degree and who have a minimum of two years’ work experience relevant to the program.
Attend a mandatory program admission session where applicants will complete a writing test and questionnaire
Note: After applying, applicants will receive a letter with instructions on how to book the program admission session.
About the School
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high-quality Canadian Education that is hands-on and employment-focused. Programs at Cente ... Read More