Designed for working information security professionals, the 15-credit-hour graduate certificate in Cybersecurity Management prepares you to build and execute strategic plans that resonate with business executives, create an effective information security policy, design and deploy information security environments, and lead, inspire, and motivate cybersecurity teams. You'll learn from some of the world's top cybersecurity experts, gain hands-on technical and leadership experience you can apply immediately on the job, and emerge with 5 industry-recognized GIAC certifications.
A 100% online option is available.
Applications are accepted monthly.
Learn How To
- Manage the information security function in an enterprise in a way that takes into account the relationship between and responsibilities shared by the communities of interest, including the general business, information technology, and information security.
- Apply a standards-based approach to risk management, including business impact analyses, cost-benefit analyses, and implementation methods that map to business needs/requirements.
- Integrate enterprise security operations, including policy, strategic and continuity planning, implementation programs, and personnel into an operation that can effectively manage the security needs of an enterprise.
- Articulate legal positions to meet ethical and business needs associated with the protection of information and privacy of an enterprise.
- Devise and implement strategies for incident detection and response, including business continuity planning and disaster recovery planning (BCP/DRP), that are cost-effective and meet the business needs of the enterprise.
Required Core Courses | 9 credit hours:
- ISE 5001: Security Leadership Essentials for Managers | MGT 512, GSLC
- ISE 6255: Defensible Security Architecture and Engineering | SEC 530, GDSA
- ISE 5650: Security Strategic Planning, Policy, Business Fundamentals, and Leadership | MGT 514, GSTRT
Elective Courses | 6 credit hours:
Students select two of the following.
- ISE 6001: Implementing and Auditing the Critical Security Controls | SEC 566, GCCC
- ISE 5800: IT Project Management, Effective Communication, and PMP® Exam Prep | MGT 525, GCMP
- ISE 6715: Auditing & Monitoring Networks, Perimeters & Systems | AUD 507
- ISE 6720: Law of Data Security and Investigations | LEG 523, GLEG
"Earning a graduate certificate from SANS is what really accelerated my career. The technical skills I learned in the program have given me the confidence to successfully lead my team and prepare them for new challenges."
Manager, Cyber Threat Management, EY
The SANS Technology Institute Advantage
Online and In-Person Study Options
- Choose from a variety of online and in-person course delivery options. A 100% online option is available.
Flexibility for Working Professionals
- Monthly admissions windows mean you can start on your schedule and earn the graduate certificate in roughly two years.
Credentials that Showcase Your Skills
- Earn 5 industry-recognized GIAC certifications that validate your skillset in critical, specialized areas of InfoSec.
- Learn skills you can use immediately on the job from some of the world's best cybersecurity instructor-practitioners.
Pathway to a Master's Degree
- Credits earned in the certificate program may be applied directly toward the master's degree program should you later apply and be accepted.
About the School
The SANS Technology Institute prepares the next generation of cybersecurity professionals for what they will face in the field. Our programs are distinguished by our world-class faculty; our emphasis ... Read More