The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university town of St Andrews in Scotland. Students who gain a place at ISSOS will be able to create a personalised three-week program to suit both their academic needs and wider interests, by choosing one academic and one elective program.
Mornings at ISSOS are dedicated to academic study and our high-quality academic programs. Classes meet daily for three hours and, unlike other summer schools, we limit numbers in order to guarantee that all our students will benefit from small class sizes and individual attention. Academic Program Options:
- English Language
- Creative Writing
- Youth Leadership
Afternoons allow students to broaden their experience and knowledge with the Golf Elective.
Build confidence and improve your game through professional golf coaching in a safe, fun and international environment. From absolute beginners to experienced players, all our summer students benefit from small group lessons and individual tuition.
Set in St Andrews, the internationally renowned home of golf, ISSOS offers a truly unique and incomparable golfing experience. Students who choose our golf elective summer school course will be offered the unrivalled opportunity to play and learn the game of golf at the St Andrews Dukes Golf Course under PGA qualified coaches.
What will it cover?
- Experience the internationally renowned home of golf
- Expert tuition from professional PGA qualified coaches
- Benefit from small group lessons and individual attention
- Improve skills and maximise your ability
- Discover the game and its fascinating history
This three-week junior golf summer school is designed for students of all abilities, from beginners through to experienced players. Professional coaching and small group lessons, as well as individual tuition, will motivate and enthuse each player to improve their skills and maximise their ability. Players who already have an appropriate handicap will furthermore have the opportunity to play the most famous golf course in the world: the St Andrews Old Course.
The Dukes course and the ISSOS golf academy offer the most comprehensive golf teaching available. First class facilities include a driving range, putting green and chipping bunker area as well as access to the world class Dukes course.
All ability levels are welcome and all equipment provided.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
St Andrews £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS 2020 experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus