Global Summer School key information
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Dates: Week 1 and 2 of our Summer Quarter;
- Format: full-time
- Language: English
- Location: To be confirmed for the 2020 edition
- Credits: 4 European Credits (ECTS); extendable up to 20 in the Summer Quarter, or more in combination with the Fall Quarter
- Fees: EUR 800
- Deadline: June 26, 2020
Our Global Summer School provides (soon to be) Undergraduate/Bachelor students the opportunity to experience cross-cultural education in an inspiring academic environment, mixed with current UIBS students from various backgrounds. The summer school curriculum is based on our regular academic programs and courses in the field of business and management.
With students from around the world, the 2-week summer school program will provide you with an invaluable international networking experience and an ideal opportunity to make the most of your typical summer downtime, all in one of the most popular student destinations in Europe.
Academically qualified and professionally experienced professors provide students a foundational understanding of doing business in Europe, based on the practical application of knowledge. Our experienced local team members accompany students on cultural activities and social events and make sure your time in Barcelona will be full of memories and friendships that last a lifetime.
The summer school program can be extended to 5 or 10 weeks during our Summer Quarter, or even longer in combination with our Fall Quarter. Refer to our Academic Calendar for further information.
Reasons to join
- Learn about doing business in Europe with a uniquely global perspective
- Earn up to 4 European Credits (ECTS) and advance your academic career
- Combine the opportunity of studying abroad with improving your career perspectives
- Participate in company visits, cultural activities and other social events
- Experience the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, renowned for its modernist architecture, local cuisine, and lifestyle, and cultural sightseeing hotspots
- currently enrolled in a high school program and expected to finish this academic year
- currently enrolled in an Undergraduate/Bachelor program
- minimum 18 years of age; Students younger than 18 should be accompanied by a guardian.
- Certificate of enrolment from your current school, college or university
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport
- Passport picture
- Proof of English; Refer to the Admissions Catalog for further information.
Student visa requirements
Students with European nationalities and students from certain other nationalities are not required to obtain a student visa for educational tourism. Tourism visas are sufficient. Students who do require a visa to visit Spain should contact our Admissions Department to obtain the necessary invitation letters.
Travel and health insurance
Students are highly recommended to take out comprehensive international insurance that covers travel situations and medical situations for their travel and their stay abroad, prior to leaving. For students from European Union countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, a European Health Insurance Card is considered the minimum advisable. Additional insurance can be taken out to cover private medical care, medical repatriation, loss, damage or theft of goods.
Global Summer School Program
The summer school program runs from Monday in week 1 to Friday in week 2, typically for up to 6 hours per day, excluding Saturday and Sunday. The program consists of a combination of academic seminars, company visits, and cultural trips. Previous company visits included Freixenet and Borsa de Barcelona for example. Previous cultural trips included visits to the Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell for example. Additional social activities are included in the summer school program and are organized throughout the 2-week period. Previous social activities included student parties and food nights for example. Our local team members will also introduce students to optional weekend activities during their free time.
- Welcoming reception
- Teambuilding event
- Academic seminars on Communication & Marketing
- Company visits
- Cultural trips
- Academic seminars on Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Company visits
- Cultural visits
- Tapas dinner
- Closing reception and awarding of certificates