Courses for non-native German teachers who work with teenagers or adults.
Objectives: to improve personal German skills, discuss various teaching methods and approaches, and learn more about Austrian literature and culture. Funding available through Erasmus+.
German Teachers’ Course 1:
Teachers’ training course (20) + cultural/special interest programme (5) per week or
German Teachers’ Course 2:
General German course (20) + cultural/special interest programme (5) per week + teachers’ training course (7)
We run special training courses for teachers who are non-native speakers of German. The courses are an opportunity for you to update your language skills and exchange your experiences with various teaching methods with international colleagues and teaching staff of our language school. Up-to-date information on the Austrian and German language, culture and literature is part of the programme. The course is designed to provide you with suggestions and new ideas which you can then put into practice after returning home.
- Brushing up your own German skills
- Information on new and modern teaching material
- Information on Austria and its geography, politics and way of life
- Expanding your teaching tools and teaching methods
- Work on language structure
- Improvement of personal expression and fluency
- Text analysis, working with writing stimuli, reading techniques
- Spelling reform
- Looking at and discussing various teaching material
- Getting to know new language books
- Using communicative methods in lessons
- Variations on teaching grammar and vocabulary
- Use of authentic material on different language levels
- Using audio-visual media in lessons
- Computer-aided learning
- Teacher observation in one of our German courses, on request
- Getting to know Austrian culture
- Political, geographical and historical developments
- Teaching Austrian customs and culture
- Discussing contemporary Austrian and German literature, politics and issues in the classroom
CULTURE AND LEISURE
Participation in the cultural and leisure programme (twice a week) is included in the price: Vienna city walks, lectures on various topics, video nights, a visit to a traditional wine tavern ("Heuriger") or a welcome party. On one evening, a visit to a theatre or concert or a joint dinner for all German teachers is arranged.
On weekends, you can take part in an excursion organised by the school at cost price (e.g. Salzburg, Graz or the Wachau region in the Danube valley).
For participants from EU member states and the following countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey. The Comenius Programme of the European Union awards grants towards the costs of the course, accommodation and the journey to Vienna.
Erasmus+ PIC (Personal Identification Code): 948767283
The following teachers are eligible to apply for a grant
- Qualified and active teachers of German as a foreign language
- Instructors and trainers of foreign language teachers
- Teachers who are being retrained to teach foreign languages
- Teachers at primary or pre-schools who teach foreign languages or will have to in future
- Teachers who teach other subjects in a foreign language
- Foreign language teachers who have interrupted their career and wish to return to their jobs
- Supervisors or consultants in charge of foreign language teaching
About the School
Since 1988, ActiLingua has gained a worldwide reputation for its successful range of courses, its ideal learning environment and modern teaching equipment. Student satisfaction is central to all our e ... Read More