German Preparation Course
This programme has been designed for applicants, who do not have the necessary German language skills yet to apply for one of the German-taught degree programmes at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. Graduates of this programme have earned the “C1-German” qualification according to the European reference framework which is required to apply for all programmes offered by the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. To apply for this preparation programme, applicants have to provide proof of an A2-level of knowledge in German according to the European reference Framework as well as knowledge of English. Applications can be submitted online by April 30th at the latest. Interviews are held in German and English.
Three Semester (Programme starts in February)
- Acquirement of Language diplomas B1 and B2 (according to the European reference framework)
- Cross-cultural preparation of the stay in Austria
- Special courses according to participants' interest with respect to their future study programme
Advantages of completing the 3 semester-long German Preparation Programme C1
- Excellent preparation for studying in Austria
- Additional qualification by obtaining an internationally recognised language diploma (ÖSD - Austrian language diploma)
- Ongoing intensive communication with native speakers in the classroom
- Insight into the Austrian culture through personal support of students and additional services provided (culture, sports, events)
- contacts with Austrian companies
- A2 level German
- English knowledge
- 'A'-Level / High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Without 'A'-Level: Pre-entry course for university or other equivalent type of university entrance qualification
- Application procedure: Interview
- Language certificate
- University or College Certificate
- Motivation Letter (preferred in German)
Foreign documents give the same evidential value as domestic public documents only if they are either exempt from legalization or have passed the necessary legalization procedure.
Documents always have to be translated into German or English. If the documents have been translated outside of Austria, they have to be legalized in the country in which the translation was done or they have to be certified by an officially accredited translator in Austria.
German preparation programme: EUR 3,600,- (plus accommodation and living costs). Tuition fee for Bachelor and Master degree programmes EUR 363.36/semester from EU and EEA countries, EUR 726.72/semester from non-member states.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 1, 2018