Our general English courses are designed for people who want to improve fluency, accuracy and confidence speaking in English. Our courses will also improve English language skills which are essential for travel, work purposes or simply for personal interest.
Our general courses develop all aspects of the English language including speaking, pronunciation, listening, grammar, reading and writing. The focus is on improving your basic communication needs in the everyday aspect of the English language. During your English course, you will be expected to participate as much as possible, and work individually, in pairs and in groups as well as take part in whole class activities.
This course is for all international students with a non-English speaking background or English is not their first language and wish to improve their English language skills.
Mode of Study and Assessment
This course is delivered in a classroom environment with formative (weekly tests) and summative (mid-course level test and end of course level test) assessments
Course Focuses On
- Improving Speaking skills, and developing accurate Pronunciation
- Understanding Grammar, and learning when and how to use it
- Listening and Reading for the main idea and detailed information
- Building Vocabulary and Slang
- Using body language correctly
- General Writing development
- Understanding the Culture of English-speaking countries
- Understanding native and non-native English speakers