General English courses are available all year round and are multinational. Courses are of 15, 20 or 24 hours per week (60 minute lessons). Students can enroll for any number of weeks with a minimum stay of 1 week.
On your first day of tuition you will do a short Oral Placement Test in order to assess your level of Oral English and are then assigned to the appropriate class. CEW will email you before you arrive to assess your grammar and writing skills.
Courses are held at all levels from Elementary (A1) to Advanced (C1).
- A1: I can ask and answer simple questions, talk about numbers, quantities, cost and time, and what I like.
- A2: I can give my opinion on something familiar, offer help, describe my hobbies, friends and other people, and where I live.
- B1: I can give reasons for my opinions, offer advice and talk easily about familiar topics such as family and studies.
- B2: I can give a prepared presentation or talk, put my point across persuasively, communicate with reasonable accuracy and correct my mistakes.
- C1: I can give a detailed presentation on an area of my studies, abstract topics and talk about many topics fluently and naturally
- C2: I can express myself naturally and effortlessly on most topics, follow and give presentations, and deal with complex informations and transactions.
Management of your development
Academic Manager closely monitors the progress of the students by communicating with the tutors on a daily basis.
On full time courses you will be provided with a coursebook (€20 deposit). During the course you will have access to our extensive reference library. We also use a wide range of authentic material in the classroom which helps the student to extend their learning beyond the classroom.
Monthly review meetings with the Academic Manager/Coordinator are arranged for all students who are on courses of 4 weeks or more. Students can do an Exit Test to see their own improvement at the end of their stay.
Full-time and part-time courses do not include bank charges, bus pass, leisure programme and health insurance. However we offer the following: free Wi-Fi internet access, English test & interview with highly trained teachers, welcome pack and a map of Cork. Free parking (evening).
Schedules & Prices (Euro)
|1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||5 Weeks||6 Weeks||7 Weeks||8 Weeks||9 Weeks||10 Weeks|
|11 Weeks||12 Weeks||13 Weeks||14 Weeks||15 Weeks||16 Weeks||17 Weeks||18 Weeks||19 Weeks||20 Weeks|
1,733 1,854 1,989 2,079 2,160 2,256 2,346 2,430 2,508 2,580 GE20 1,914 2,064 2,210 2,352 2,490 2,592 2,720 2,844 2,964 3,080 GE24 2,297 2,477 2,652 2,822 2,988 3,110 3,264 3,413 3,557 3,696
|21 Weeks||22 Weeks||23 Weeks||24 Weeks||25 Weeks|
2,615 2,657 2,708 2,736 2,775 GE20 3,192 3,300 3,404 3,504 3,650 GE24 3,830 3,960 4,085 4,205 4,380
About the School
Cork English World, Ireland’s Cambridge award winning school, provides courses which are designed to provide students with the language skills needed to communicate effectively and confidently in Engl ... Read More