2020 Autumn Semester
- Program A: September 7-January 8, 2021 (18 weeks); Monday-Friday 8:30 am-12:10 pm
- Program B: October 12-January 15, 2021 (14 weeks); Monday-Friday 8:30 am-12:10 pm
2021 Spring Semester
- Program A: March 8-July 9 (18 weeks); Monday-Friday 8:30 am-12:10 pm
- Program B: April 6-July 9 (14 weeks); Monday-Friday 8:30 am-12:10 pm
- Application Fee:
- CNY 400
- Program A: CNY 10,200 (One semester); CNY 19,800 (One year)
- Program B: CNY 8,000 (One semester); CNY 17,600 (One year)
Why Choose Us?
- We are one of the accredited members of the European Association for Quality Languages Services (EAQUALS).
- Our campus locates in the heart of the city of Shanghai, one of the most attractive cities in China.
- Each semester, more than 1,000 international students from nearly 100 countries choose to enhance their Chinese proficiency with us.
Scholarships and Multiple Bonuses
Students can apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship or Confucius Institute Scholarship to study Chinese at DHU. We also provide Excellent Student Award, Progress Award, and Excellent Class Award, etc to excellent students and classes, which covers 16% of the total language students.
All the teachers in the teaching group are equipped with a professional background in "Teaching Chinese as a Second Language" and with rich teaching experience.
Practice and Activities
Immerse Yourself in Chinese Language and the Culture
- Cultural workshops: Chinese calligraphy, Chinese painting, Paper-cut of China, Moon-cake making, Drawing fan of China, Beijing Opera Mask painting, etc.
- City tour: Visit historic and cultural scenic spots under the guidance of teachers.
- Language excursions: Each semester there are several language excursions that offer an experience of distinctive natural and cultural environments out of Shanghai.
Make Friends From All Over The World
- Student clubs: The International Students Association (ISA) of DHU includes more than ten recreational and sports clubs, such as soccer club, table tennis club, street dance club, afrobeat, photography club, volunteer outreach program and etc. Students with artistic talents are welcomed to join the International Students Performing Art Group.
- Chinese and foreign students exchange: The iTALK of DHU provides Chinese and foreign students a platform for extensive and in-depth cross-cultural communication through recreational and sports activities and mutual learning.
- Large-scale activities: "China Hand' Contest, "Tenglong Cup" Sports Day, "Phoenix Cup" Talents Competition, Orienteering Challenge Competition, Chinese Culture Festival, International Culture Festival, etc.
"Combined with the beautiful campus, International setting of Shanghai, and your own determination, Donghua is the best place to call home whilst you study. The passion from the teachers is matched only by their teaching ability, tailoring the speed of the class to your needs. Using class discussions, role-plays, and activities (including day trips!), the teachers use class time wisely, to maximize your learning experience. Coming to Donghua has been life-changing and I am very proud to say I learned Chinese in the heart of Shanghai." - Liam Jake, Lambert (British)
About the School
Donghua University (DHU) is one of China’s state-key universities. It is located in Shanghai, China’s financial and economic heart. DHU falls directly under the Chinese Ministry of Education, as part ... Read More