If you love computer games and would like to start producing your own, then this Level 2 Games Development course is perfect for you.
LEARN ABOUT THE GAMES & MEDIA INDUSTRIES
CREATE ART FOR GAMES & MEDIA PRODUCTS
GET EXPERIENCE AS A GAME DEVELOPER
DEVELOP BUSINESS SKILLS
START YOUR CREATIVE CAREER
Choosing this Games Development Level 2 course is the beginning of your journey into the creative industries.
The creative sector is one of the fastest growing areas of the UK economy and a great and exciting place in which to work.
This Games Development course can lead on to:
- Further skills development on the Level 3 Games Art or Games Technology courses or a Level 3 Media course.
- Employment, or self-employment, in the creative industries (for over 18s). This may be as a games designer or computer game developer, or it may be into another area of the creative industries.
- A creative apprenticeship as a stepping stone to work.
GET INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Being at Access is so much more than just doing a course. You will have the chance to get the first-hand experience of the games and creative industries.
Here are some of the opportunities you can take advantage of:
- MASTERCLASSES: Access promotes industry masterclasses from games professionals. These enable you to gain advice and guidance from working practitioners.
- TWINE: All our students get free Twine membership, which is an online platform allowing creative people to collaborate on projects and earn money!
GET A QUALIFICATION
On successful completion you will get a recognized qualification which you can add to your creative CV:
- One year BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Creative Digital Media Production.
- The Level 2 Diploma is equivalent to roughly four GCSEs grades 4-9.
DURATION & FEES
- The Games Development level 2 course lasts for one year.
- It is usually delivered over three to four days per week from September to June (daytime). How long you are in college will depend on what additional English and Maths sessions you need to attend.
- If you aged 16-18 on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Games Development course then the course is FREE
- If you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018 then the course costs are as follows, depending on your circumstances:
- FREE for 19-23s if you do not have a previous full Level 2 qualification.*
- FREE for 19-23s if you are unemployed and already have a full Level 2 qualification.*
- FREE for 24+ if you are unemployed, whether you already have a full Level 2 qualification* or not.
- 19-23s can be co-funded if you are employed and already have a full Level 2 qualification* (you pay £1800), unless you are earning under £15,736.50 then it’s FREE.
- 24+ can be co-funded if you are employed (you pay £1800), unless you are earning under £15,736.50 then it’s FREE.
- *Full Level 2 is five GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 or its equivalent.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & SIGNING UP
Applying for this Games Development course is easy.
All you need to do is fill in our online application form and we will get back in touch with some suggested dates of when we can meet up to discuss it further.
- SKILLS SET: We value your creative passion and skills above all else. However, you will also need to demonstrate that you are able to work at Level 2 (GCSE standard). For school leavers, we will require evidence of your predicted and actual grades, backed up by a school reference. Please note you will not be able to enroll if you will be under the age of 16 on 31st August. Applications from people under this age are still welcome but will be deferred to the following year.
- INTERVIEW: You will be invited to an interview. Please come prepared to talk about creating and playing computer games. You might want to talk about what computer games you like or have created, and identify what new skills you would like to learn.
About the School
Access Creative College is a national creative college that focuses on providing a creative alternative to sixth form or FE college for 16-18s, but welcomes older learners, as well.