The Game Development Foundations course will allow you to create 3D games using the powerful Unity 3D game engine. Students will be introduced to industry standard tools and techniques for game development.
The course covers:
- Use C# to develop games in Unity 3D
- Learn about game mechanics and how to implement them
- Create games faster as you learn rapid prototyping
- Explore Unity3D’s components and scripting to generate levels, special effects, user interface and game logic
- Import artwork assets for games
- Manage projects using version control and collaboration tools
- Successful completion awarded with Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and technology
During the course you will develop two games and a web page to display them; the first game introduces you to development in Unity3D. The final production allows you, in small teams or individually, to create the concept, manage the scope, integrate art assets and test a game.
The project based modules ensure that you gain practical skills that can be used in game development beyond the course. Unity3D has plugins which export apps and games for IOS and Android mobile devices (additional software and licencing required).
The Game Development Foundations course is delivered face to face and also online, using Adobe Connect, allowing you see and interact in real time with your lecturer and class mates. You will be able to participate in group discussions and team work easily through a web browser. Each session will also be recorded allowing you to never miss a class discussion. You can also interact in class sessions from a variety of mobile platforms.
Successful completion of the course will allow you to continue to develop games and will build a portfolio for entry into AIE’s Advanced Diploma level courses.
Victorian and Commonwealth Government-Subsidised Training
If you are applying to study this course at AIE Melbourne, you may be eligible for Victorian and Commonwealth funding. To view subsidised course fees, click on 'Melbourne' under the Course Fees and Start Dates heading below.
Online options available
Game Development Foundations is now offered from our Online campus.
Online students will need the following software to successfully complete the course. All the software is free to download or will be provided on a DVD.
- Mono Develop
- Web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Connect plugin
- PDF Reader such as Adobe Acrobat reader
- Students will also need an internet connection, preferably broadband for streaming live discussions, collaboration and downloads.
- Very basic knowledge of C# or any Object Oriented programming language
- Headset with microphone
About the School
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is Australia's most awarded 3D animation, game design and visual FX educator. Created as a non-profit organisation to grow the creative digital sector, A ... Read More