Objectives & programme
An opportunity for younger learners between the ages of 12 and 16 to make the most of their summer with a fun approach to learning French and the chance to try out different sports! A partnership between CAVILAM – Alliance française and summer-camp organiser Vichy Stages (an approved Youth & Sports organisation). All participants receive a certificate on completing the course.
French lessons at CAVILAM – Alliance française with qualified teachers experienced in working with children and teenagers (no more than 15 students per class). Foreign students take French classes while French students may choose between English, Spanish and German. All students take part in the same activities in the afternoon.
All participants receive a certificate on completing the course.
A range of sports activities at the Vichy Stages sporting centre and summer camp, which is only 10 minutes’ walk from CAVILAM – Alliance française. See below for details of available pursuits (mostly outdoor), organised according to weather forecasts:
- Introduction to tennis and golf, swimming, canoeing and kayaking, rafting, table tennis, basketball, volleyball, squash, mountain biking, badminton, gym, archery, tree-based adventure course, bowling and mini-golf
- Regional discovery outings include Vulcania (theme park), Le Pal (leisure park), hiking in the Volcans d’Auvergne national park and trips to Clermont-Ferrand
- Entertainment: theme nights, end-of-course party and awards
Supervision & responsibility:
- Vichy Stages:supervision by the Vichy Stages team, with one supervisor per 10 children.
- CAVILAM – Alliance française: supervision by CAVILAM – Alliance française teachers during classes.
- (full board) in student residences or with a host family.
- Girls and boys in separate rooms.
- 24/7 supervision by a team of qualified staff.
Length & dates: 15 hours of French per week (mornings only)
Two-week or four-week sessions during the summer holidays (July and August) Half-board or full-board accommodation options:
2 weeks, half board (2015): 28/06 – 11/07 | 12/07 – 25/07 | 26/07 – 08/08 | 09/08 – 22/08 4 weeks, half board (2015): 28/06 – 25/07 | 12/07 – 08/08 | 26/07 – 22/08 2 weeks, full board (2015): 28/06 – 11/07 | 12/07 – 25/07 | 26/07 – 08/08 | 09/08 – 22/08 4 weeks, full board (2015): 28/06 – 25/07 | 12/07 – 08/08 | 26/07 – 22/08
|Fees||Half board Breakfast and snack included||Full board All meals & accommodation included|
|4 weeks||€2,156 €||€3,625 €|
In case of emergency (such as an accident or late arrival), CAVILAM – Alliance française and Vichy Stages staff will liaise with one another and deal with the problem, contacting parents when necessary. Emergency phone number: +33 (0)6 82 82 70 83
Vichy Stages facilities: 17 tennis courts (including 10 outdoor clay courts, 4 indoor clay courts and 3 outdoor hard courts), swimming pool, volleyball, badminton, table tennis basketball, gym, mountain biking and cafeteria.
CAVILAM – Alliance française is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including multimedia language labs and the latest audio and video technology.
Vichy Stages and CAVILAM – Alliance française are insured for all services provided. Children must be covered by medical and repatriation insurance.
NB: Cancellations made at least three weeks before the arrival date will be refunded, with the exception of enrolment fees. Cancellations made within three weeks of the arrival date will not be refunded.
About the School
CAVILAM – Alliance française is a private institute of higher education in Vichy, in France’s central Auvergne region, within three hours of Paris and two hours of Lyon. The school is open year-round. ... Read More