Think about your career for a minute. Maybe you got hired right out of college to be a project leader or a supervisor, maybe you worked your way up, or maybe you worked for years for an organization in another role and just got promoted.
However you got where you are, you are new at this.
Maybe it is time to move beyond being a manager - and become a leader.
Foundations of Leadership uses proven methods to help you as a new manager improve your leadership skills. You will get an honest evaluation of your leadership style - and you will learn how your personality and the way you communicate helps or hurts your ability to influence others and resolve conflict.
In addition to the assessment process, you will learn how to see yourself as others see you, receive feedback from a certified CCL coach and your peers. And you will learn about how you handle conflict by participating in a videotaped problem-solving exercise that shows you how to defuse potentially volatile situations in the workplace.
Perhaps most importantly, we will introduce you to our research which shows why leaders derail in their careers.
We have helped a lot of people be successful. Let us help you.
- Learn what your current leadership strengths are, what your needs are and how they affect the functioning of your group.
- Learn how to improve work performance by understanding how people interact with each other.
- Increase your understanding of how to best influence others - and create strategies for managing conflict.
- Establish a network with others in the program that are at the same stage in their careers.
- Receive a 90-minute one-to-one feedback session with a certified CCL coach to help set clear goals for future development.
Newly promoted managers early in their careers, along with those with more experience who would benefit from training on the fundamentals of leadership development.
Last updated September 28, 2017