SIST provides a Foundation Year that is oriented for students who still have difficulty in mastering the English language or who do not feel quite confident yet to go straight to the BA level. The program for the foundation year is not limited to teaching the language, but it aims to also enable students to learn all the tools needed to conduct academic research and how to deliver professional presentations. Apart from mastering the English language, the students will learn all the business tools that will prepare them to access level 1 in confidence.
Description of the Program
SIST has formulated a preparatory year for beginners in the English language.
The Foundation Year will allow students to build a solid foundation through intensive and accelerated training programs, created in conjunction with the British Council.
The main purpose of the Foundation Year is to fully prepare students to enter our Bachelor programs.
Students will gain the necessary skills to be independent, within an English-speaking environment.
Structure of Courses / Evaluation
The academic year is composed of 3 terms covering a total of 30 weeks. All students must take a placement test (Online placement test 200MAD) to ascertain their level of English. During each term, there will be continuous assessment and at the end of each term, there will be an examination.
Staff and Equipment
Foundation Year Staff
For the Foundation Year program, we work in conjunction with the British Council, which has highly qualified and professional staff with considerable experience in teaching English as a foreign language.
For other modules of the program, we employ qualified teachers who provide high-quality courses and use modern methods and up to date materials. The staff is attentive to individual needs, providing students with support at all levels.
Because the Foundation Year program is offered in association with the British Council, a complete range of language equipment is available for our students. These include the following:
- Multimedia Centre and study area.
- Equipment and materials, including video and audio CD-ROMs.
- Network area with computers.
Students will also be encouraged to become involved in a range of extra-curricular and social activities.
- Lecture 1.1 The first term focuses mainly on the four components of English-learning: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Developing these skills will give you the necessary level of English to be successful at SIST. Therefore, every student will and should be able to continue into the second half of the academic year.
- Lecture 2.1 During this term, the English classes will concentrate on study skills to improve the student’s ability to take notes, to give presentations, use analytical and critical abilities, and to attend conferences. Students will be equipped with the necessary qualifications for the development of independent study skills.
- Lecture 3.1 In the final term students will review the past 2 terms. SIST offers additional courses in Academic Writing skills (to prepare you for your progression into the Bachelor courses), and also Personal Development, which provides our students with additional skills like time-management and organization.
About the School
SIST is the first British Education Institute based in Morocco, delivering programs from the University of Cardiff Metropolitan University leading to internationally recognized British degrees. SIST i ... Read More