The Foundation in Business Management program offered by MERITUS UNIVERSITY enables a student to build a solid understanding of the fundamentals of a business environment as well as develop the necessary attitude and aptitude to thrive in a competitive environment.Tom Fisk / Pexels
Unique features of this program:
- Personal and leadership development through an immersive outdoor learning environment combining both nature and sail ship designed to cultivate and build teamwork and leadership qualities. Students not only develop knowledge but also strengthen their skills and core values through action learning allowing the opportunity for self-discovery in a safe environment under the care of professional facilitators.
- An immersive experience where they will have an opportunity to sail onboard Halim Mazmin Group training ships and have hands-on shipboard experience.
- The benefit of learning from industry experts for exposure to industry challenges and issues.
- Learn the application of business theories to real-life practical industry scenarios.
- Understand the foundation of a successful business and its various influences.
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Business Communication
- Business Mathematics
- English Language
- Foundation in Statistics
- Human Resource Management Information Technology in Practice Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication Introduction to Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Business Marketing
- Principles of Economics
- Pengajian Malaysia
- Pengajian Islam (when applicable) or Pendidikan Moral
Minimum Requirements for Admission
Student who wish to apply for this programme must first meet the following requirements:
- Pass GCE ‘O’ Level with minimum Grade C in 5 subjects; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Ministry of Education Malaysia and accepted by The Senate
English Language Requirements for International Students:
- International English Language Test (IELTS) - Overall band 6.5 or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – 550 and above
* Conditional offer is considered on a case to case basis by the Admissions Committee.
About the School
As a niche university, MERITUS' unique approach to education is to offer a practical and effective blend of traditional, modern and experiential learning to ensure success.