At the London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA), we offer vocational courses designed to maximise your employment opportunities after graduation. We'll teach you everything you need to thrive within your chosen career path.
Our Foundation in Art and Design course provides an essential introduction to the creative arts by introducing you to explore and experiment with a wide range of media. It is designed to maximise creative exploration through an art and design-based programme, which will provide you with the opportunity to develop creative expression by learning an applied range of complementary art and design skills and processes.
To ensure you get the most out of your learning experience, we provide extensive portfolio preparation and guidance as well as full dedicated career support. Our students also benefit from industry guest speakers, live industry creative briefs and competitions.
This foundation diploma in art and design has successfully prepared students to pursue further study at some of the UK's top universities; University of the Arts London (UAL) which include Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion, Camberwell College of Arts, Edinburgh College of Art, and Goldsmiths University to name just a few!
Our students have gone on to study at a wide range of top UK universities, both in and outside of London, including:
- UAL (including Central St Martins, London College of Fashion, Camberwell, London College of Communication, Chelsea and Wimbledon)
- Goldsmiths University
- Edinburgh College of Art
- Kingston University
- Arts University Bournemouth
- University of Lincoln
- Leeds College of Art
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ravensbourne University London
- Kingston University London
Students have taken places in European universities in Berlin and Amsterdam.
- Minimum age: 17
- Typically one A-level, or equivalent level 3/EU/international qualifications (for example International Baccalaureate Certificates)
- Plus three GCSE passes (A*- C) (9 - 4) or level 2 qualification equivalent (preferably English language and an art & design subject)
- English proficiency: IELTS 5.0 (with minimum 4.5 for each component) or equivalent (CEFR Level B2)
- Entry to this course will also be determined by the assessment of your portfolio of creative works, interview and written statement
- Alternative qualifications and experience may also be taken into consideration. In exceptional circumstances, a candidate may be considered without required qualifications based on work experience and/or previous study/creative practice
NOTE: For progression to undergraduate level study, applicants will usually be required to have formal qualifications such as A-level and GCSEs or equivalent.
About the School
London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA) is a specialist creative arts university offering a selection of leading career-focused undergraduate and short courses which are industry relevant, practica ... Read More