What is the Foundation Year?
The Foundation Year is a ten-month, full immersion preparatory course in Italian for international students willing to enroll in a BA taught in Italian at the University of Pavia.
The Foundation Year aimed at students who do not meet the minimum requirement – 12 years of schooling – to access the Italian higher education system.
The course will run from October 2019 and will last until July 2020, for 40 weeks.
The Foundation Year at the University of Pavia includes:
- from October 2019 until July 2020, an Italian language and culture course up to level B2 of Common European Framework for Proficiency. Three levels: beginner, lower intermediate and upper intermediate;
- from February 2019 until July 2020, one of the following tracks (area studies):
- Humanities (History of Art and Archeology, Italian Literature, Ancient and Medieval History, Philosophy)
- Sciences and Medicine (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics)
- Economics, Law and Politics (Political science, Contemporary history, Economics, Law)
Students who pass the Italian language final exam will be exempted from taking the proficiency test of Italian to enroll in BA’s degree course at the University of Pavia.
Students who pass area studies exams will be exempted from the admission interview to enroll in a BA’s degree course.
- At least 11 years of schooling from primary education to graduation from high school.
- High school leaving diploma with a full transcript of records, plus translation & legalization.
- Will to enroll in a BA taught in Italian at #UNIPAVIA.
- Strong commitment and desire to improve and study in a multicultural, multidisciplinary environment.
How to apply
- Fill out the online application form by the 15th of July 2019.
- Transcript of records of the last secondary school year
- Copy of Passport
- An original version of the secondary school leaving qualification (or a photocopy according to the original version), officially translated into Italian, legalized (or with an “apostille”) together with its corresponding Declaration of Value (DV) issued and validated by the Italian authorities of the country of residence
- Applicants will receive an e-mail with confirmation if declared eligible for FY and will be required to pay 25% of tuition fee within ten days from receiving confirmation.
The International Relations division will then send an official acceptance letter upon payment. Applicants are allowed to visit the Italian Embassy/Consulate in their home country and show the acceptance letter in order to ask for a type D Visa (study purpose).
The fee for the Foundation Year is set for 6,500 EUR.
The fee: tuition fees, third liability insurance, tutoring, access to University of Pavia facilities, closing ceremony.
The fee does not include housing, airport transfers, meals, visa costs, medical and travel insurance policy, personal expenses.
Eligible candidates will be required to pay 25% of tuition fee within ten days from receiving confirmation.They will pay the remaining 75% of tuition fees by the end of September.