You are young, ambitious and are looking for inspiration? You have finished high school, want a taste of life at university, and yearn to learn more about the world and its cultures? Then you will be interested in our Foundation Year Program.
Planning and preparing for your academic future is an important step. Join Jacobs University’s Foundation Year Program to explore different fields of study and to acquire academic learning skills before starting your bachelor’s degree.
Based on your individual academic background and your needs and goals, you can design your own Foundation Year learning experience. As a Foundation Year student, you can attend undergraduate courses from various fields of study and choose between different types of preparatory classes to improve your academic skills. Furthermore, you live on our international campus and can enjoy the full perks of student life in the residential colleges.
Students who complete the program successfully receive guaranteed admission to Jacobs University’s undergraduate programs. Design your own path!
Great Reasons to apply to the Foundation Year
#1 Premium Education: Our academic advisors and experienced instructors provide professional guidance in your transition to undergraduate studies. Enjoy small class sizes, individual assistance and state-of-the-art facilities.
#2 Individual Approach: Profit from personal academic advising, career counseling, and an individualized academic curriculum that you can adapt to your own interests and needs.
#3 Transferable Knowledge: The program enables you to attend regular undergraduate courses and to collect up to 45 ECTS credit points that you can transfer to your future study program.
#4 Campus Life: You will live and learn on campus and you will become a part of our vibrant international community with students from over 100 different nations. Sharpen your intercultural skills, develop an international network and collect experiences of a lifetime.
#5 Guaranteed Admission to Jacobs University: All students who successfully complete the Foundation Year Program receive guaranteed admission to the university’s renowned undergraduate programs.
Foundation Year Services
- Expert guidance in the transition to undergraduate studies.
- Professional academic advising, college counselling, and peer mentoring.
- SAT test preparation and registration.
- Modern single rooms and full board in residential colleges.
- Fully equipped recreation center and multimedia rooms.
- Visa and pre-departure support.
- Orientation Week to facilitate a transition to Germany and Jacobs University. Host Family Program.
- Excursions to major European cities.
- General support (airport pickup, health insurance, residence permit etc.).
- University campus with 24-hour security.
How to Apply
For a complete application, please submit the following documents:
- The Online Application Form, incl. a short motivation statement. Your high-school transcripts.
- A reference letter from a teacher or guidance counsellor.
- Proof of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge [FCE]).