Foundation programme in Engineering and Business
A Route into an Austrian degree
In order to make access to studies possible for applicants with missing prerequisites, the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria offers a foundation programme for selected study programmes in Engineering and Business. Applicants who lack entrance requirements can acquire the necessary additional qualifications. The programme is characterised by its focused preparation, tailored for studies at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria.
This is the Solution for Candidates, who ...
- yet miss sufficient credits in mathematics and/or physics to be enrolled in engineering studies
- yet miss sufficient credits in mathematics and/or English to be enrolled in business studies
- do not yet meet the entrance requirements for studying in Austria (e.g. one year of studies is missing after A-levels)
- wish to improve their math/physics skills prior to entering a study programme
- wish to study in an English taught programme, but yet feel not save enough to comprehend the technical terminology in English
Students will be enrolled as external students during the time of the programme. This allows for obtaining visa and student residence permit. After completion, they are eligible and prepared for commencing their studies at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria.
- Duration: 1 or 2 semesters*, full-time
- Class hours from Monday to Friday
- E-learning modules
- Field trips
Cost of studies:
- EUR 1.800,– (1 semester track, all course cost covered, accommodation, traveling and living cost not included),
- EUR 3.600,– (2 semester track, all course cost covered, accommodation, traveling and living cost not included)
- Applications may be handed in until Nov 30th(for track starting end February) and April 30th (for track starting mid September)
- Application procedure: Formal check of prerequisites, compulsory skype interview
- A-Level / High School Diploma (or equivalent)**
- English language skills (will be checked during interview)
Duration of Studies:
- 1 semester programme: End February until mid July
- 2-semester programme: Mid September until mid-July
- Can be obtained in student dormitories close to the university campus
*Depending on level of skills and prerequisites missing, this will be evaluated during the application process.
**If the Austrian Higher Education Entrance Qualification is not met yet, the required level can be acquired within the foundation programme.
- Sets of numbers; equations and inequations; linear algebra and geometry; trigonometry and trigonometric functions; complex numbers
- Sequences and series; basic concepts of differential calculus and integral calculus; linear algebra (particularly vectors) and geometry; algebraic structures; introduction to probability calculations, statistics
- Units, Basics of Mechanics: Kinematics, Dynamics, Work and Energy, Statics, Torque
- Thermodynamics, Heat and Energy, Ideal Gas, Electricity, Magnetism, Optics, Oscillations and Waves
- Morphology and syntax, oral and written expression of technical issues (with and without the use of a dictionary), verbal skills (describe, explain, and present technical issues), writing skills (translate, summarize, prepare papers, ...)
- Preparation to participate in the A2/B1/B2* language exam, provided by ÖSD (Austrian language diploma)
*depending on level of skills
- Intercultural and social competencies
- Field trips and company visits
Why should you join
- Matriculation for studies in Austria
- High-quality teaching
- Improving language skills in English and German
- Quick access to the job market(99% of our graduates have a job)