Lay the foundation for your degree with the Cavendish University Uganda’s Foundation Program. Gain the subject-specific knowledge and skills to keep you a step ahead of your peers as you begin your journey to success.
The Foundation Program is intended for students who have successfully completed the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent but didn’t attain sufficiently high grades to enroll for Diploma or Degree programs. It’s also intended for students from countries whose secondary school qualifications are not considered equivalent to UACE. The Courses emphasize general principles and application.
To prepare students for entrance into undergraduate degree/diploma programs and thereby:
- Introduce students to the culture of higher education and university life.
- Provide a structured framework that supports students becoming self-directed learners
- To provide the opportunity to develop leadership, supervisory skills, and teamwork in order to work effectively in a contemporary, multidisciplinary setting and to begin to make independent decisions with appropriate support
- To provide each foundation student with a variety of workplace experiences during their Foundation Program in order to best inform career choice.
- FOU 110 Foundational Mathematics
- FOU 111 Computing Skills
- FOU 112 Communication Skills
- FOU 113 Introduction to development studies
- FOU 114 English
- FOA 120 Foundation in Law
- FOA 121 Principles of Accounting
- FOA 122 Introduction to Critical thinking
- FOA 123 Business Administration
- FOA 124 Introduction to Political Science
About the School
Cavendish University Uganda (C.U.U.) is licensed and accredited by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE), and was established in 2008. The student-centric academic model of C.U.U. d ... Read More